Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing Fergie interviews

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think those media outlets that Ferguson still deigns to speak to should just give it up as a bad job, it's less than pointless and the fawning questions put forward by ITV/Sky are simply embarrassing.

After the Besiktas defeat tonight there was only one question to be asked of him. It's the sort of question that any other manager would have been asked, and though irritated they would have answered.

And that should have been: "Do you think your team selection this evening showed a lack of respect to Champions League opposition?"

He could have answered any way he liked of course, gone red in the face, whatever, but instead they offer him the totally misleading way out of saying Man U should have had a penalty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
strange, everyone seems too scared to upset him.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
He is a massive bellend. Obviously a legend of a manager but as time goes on he becomes more and more arrogant and blind to his and his teams mistakes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its funny, as i understand it he has to perform media interviews for CL, so he cant flounce and you'd have thought they'd milk that. shame.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This match showed that the Sunderland debacle was not a one-off. Fergie's reserves are not in the same class as Chelsea's.

What I don't understand is why he makes 7 or 8 changes rather than 3 or 4. That "invincibility at home" tag has gone; again, these are sorts of results Chelsea manage to avoid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was, however, a blatant penalty that anybody could have seen and the ref should have. On such decisions managers get the sack obviously not in his case but in many others.

I like him because he takes the piss when asked a question as if to say what a stupid question to ask me.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
It's been bugging me for ages what's so weird about the way Fergie speaks and I've just figured it out:thumbsup: :-

Evertime he says a word with an 'L' in it he pronounces it as an 'R':eek:

For instance (say this in a Ferguson accent):-

"Riverpoor were very rucky today. I thought they were rackrustre and rooked rike roosing in the rast minute":D

Check it out next time he does an interview - you'll never hear him in the same way again

rots of ruv
xx

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
After the Besiktas defeat tonight there was only one question to be asked of him. It's the sort of question that any other manager would have been asked, and though irritated they would have answered.

And that should have been: "Do you think your team selection this evening showed a lack of respect to Champions League opposition?"

Not sure I agree. We're constantly being told it's a squad game, so what's wrong with using his squad? None of the players used were making their debut's. The defence consisted of Neville, Vidic, Brown and Da Silva. With the exception of Da Silva they're all first team players. There's a few young players who were given some big match experience but there's nothing wrong with that. As a manager last night was the perfect opportunity for them to get that experience without having to worry too much about the result. I doubt Besiktas felt particularly slighted, they seem to be delighted with their win.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
He is a massive bellend. Obviously a legend of a manager but as time goes on he becomes more and more arrogant and blind to his and his teams mistakes.

that is a perfect analyasis. He's an awesome manager, but simpily a cock.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not sure I agree. We're constantly being told it's a squad game, so what's wrong with using his squad? None of the players used were making their debut's. The defence consisted of Neville, Vidic, Brown and Da Silva. With the exception of Da Silva they're all first team players. There's a few young players who were given some big match experience but there's nothing wrong with that. As a manager last night was the perfect opportunity for them to get that experience without having to worry too much about the result. I doubt Besiktas felt particularly slighted, they seem to be delighted with their win.

Spot on. Plus even when they play stiffs they normally get a result.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

You are missing the point. Which is that Fergie is perfectly capable of offering the explanation you have just given (if indeed that is the case). But he doesn't get asked to answer proper questions any more. On the rare occasions he does actually bother to turn up.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You are missing the point. Which is that Fergie is perfectly capable of offering the explanation you have just given (if indeed that is the case). But he doesn't get asked to answer proper questions any more. On the rare occasions he does actually bother to turn up.

No, I got the point I just don't agree that:

"Do you think your team selection this evening showed a lack of respect to Champions League opposition?"

Was the only, or best, question to ask him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here