Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing England v New Zealand (@ Hobart)

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Wow, talk about limping home. That was a dreadful game of cricket, made marginally better by Freddie's innings at the end that was excellent. NZ were pretty poor as well. Two teams struggling due to the fact they know they can't beat Australia.

Plus points:

Freddie's knock, destructive yet controlled
Anderson's bowling, was pretty tidy
Monty's bowling, another decent effort with the ball

Thats about it. Oh and it was nice and sunny in Hobart.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Trigger said:
TMS Commentary

Embarrassing England have resisted the temptation to shake up their losing side for their next one-day defeat against New Zealand in Hobart.

Middlesex batsman Ed Joyce replaces injured Kevin Pietersen in the pathetic flimsy middle order as expected but that was Embarrassing England's only change.

New Zealand, winners of this match that's about to start stick to the same eleven which lost by 105 runs to Australia at the same ground two days ago.

This time, however, Black Caps skipper Stephen Fleming has won the toss and opted to bat first.

Start time 23:00 hours our time.
Yes, it worked!!! :clap2:

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Seagull over NZ said:
Wow, talk about limping home. That was a dreadful game of cricket, made marginally better by Freddie's innings at the end that was excellent. NZ were pretty poor as well. Two teams struggling due to the fact they know they can't beat Australia.

Plus points:

Freddie's knock, destructive yet controlled
Anderson's bowling, was pretty tidy
Monty's bowling, another decent effort with the ball

Thats about it. Oh and it was nice and sunny in Hobart.

Was that you in the Brighton shirt on the telly?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Jon Lewis is arm retarded, 1st over went for 12, then couldnt control his swing

batting was weird, in all the power plays we were hitting singles and knocking the singles and 2's without really going for the boundary
only when flintoff came in we started hitting big
bell played well

vaughan scared the life out of me going down injured, but its his hamstring, not the knee, so he will be out a couple of weeks

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Was that you in the Brighton shirt on the telly?

Nope, I'm here in Sunny Bristol these days, just never changed my username. I recognised the guy with the shirt though, probably from prior England tours I have been on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here