Votes: 48 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Home support is always shit, it'll never be good til we get Falmer. Try as we might it's just going to be shit, especially now we can't even stand up.

A slight note of dissent from me on this one.

I thought that H/J Block was on good form last night (certainly in the first half). Some witty ditties as well - enough to make one of the Rovers subs pull down his trousers.

'One Ruby Murray' rang out loud and clear as well.

The rest of the ground was like a morgue, though.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
I thought that H/J Block was on good form last night (certainly in the first half). Some witty ditties as well - enough to make one of the Rovers subs pull down his trousers.

Which were tucked into his socks I hasten to add.

Rooooby Rooooby goes down well along with One Ruby Murray :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I liked it when J block started singing to H block and visa versa! Even calling each other gay boys! Marvellous scences! :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lammy said:
I liked it when J block started singing to H block and visa versa! Even calling each other gay boys! Marvellous scences! :)

So which side were you - the straight side or the bent side? :lolol:

Last edited:

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
80's Seagull said:
I got given a ticket for V block last night and all I heard was some twat constantly moaning and slagging off McGhee and the team. Felt like putting my fist into his face by the end of the game. :angry:

Would that be the bloke in the top right hand corner who kept mouthing off in the second half by any chance?loved the sound of his own voice didnt he?

Hey V block has its advantages you know,its near the exit,its near the entrance,its near the bogs,its near the tea bar,its near the away fans so you can actually hear what theyre singing!,its near the goal for all that goal mouth action and finally it has a community all of its own!

By the way I had to put up with some twat sitting near me waffling on about Leeds United throughout the game,going on about how great they are and wondering how they were doing tonight etc etc why he bothered coming to Withdean I dont know!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
samparish said:
I was in D block for the first half which was a morgue. Second half in blocks H & J some of us made some noise, but were only greeted with funny looks from the rest of the (pathetically small) crowd

You may have been sitting next to me! I agree, it was embarrassingly quiet last night but many of the regulars who do make a noise were not there. I thought the attendance, not many more than 4000, was very poor.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Couldn't agree more.

Reasons for the crap atmosphere yesterday.

There were only 4000 there and we still have no roof.

It was a bit damp.

We were losing.

I know a lot of NSC'ers go to both home and away....but I found the people around me a bit ignorant at the the Rovers game (had a mates season ticket so was sitting in a weird area) Things I over heard people around me say.

"why isn't Roberts playing? He is a higher division keeper....Kuipers is good in the lower leagues but not in Div 1 (the championship)" (erm he's injured!)

"Butters is shite.....just because NSC voted him player of the season he gets a game everyweek" ( just after he had scored)

Were two of the finer moments!

D

Deleted User X18H

Mr Blobby said:
I was as guilty as anyone last night. I have to confess to sitting chatting for most of the game and not singing. I was sitting with "Arthur" and discusing the finer points of the beautifal game that we at least attempted to play until the 25th minute. Then it all went wrong and we all sat in silence watching Brighton unable to beat a team two Divisions below them! I was left slightly bemused and couldnt muster much enthusiasm, not good only 5 games into the season.

I am sick of people moaning at Currie (I thought he had a good game last night). I share peoples annoyance at starange tactics, substituions by McGhee, but he got us up and knows more about it than we do. I have to question Harding not being taken off and playing Hinshelwood in midfield. What has happened to Reid? What has Hart done to upset the gaffer?
Anyway bring back Mayo who showed last time we were in Division 1 that he could handle the step up in quality, but at left back NOT left midfield.

Anyway 90 minutes of singing on Saturday and Monday.

Our fans forget the BAD times so quickly, remember we were just a few minutes from the conference and now back in Division 1! We used to get behind the team 100% now its moan moan moan Knight out, sack McGhee, sack em all. There are so many miserable fu**rs about its unreal! The new PC fans need to get a life and get behind the team!

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGULLLLSSSSS
Well said my old payless pal !!!!!!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Orange Seagull said:
Would that be the bloke in the top right hand corner who kept mouthing off in the second half by any chance?loved the sound of his own voice didnt he?

Hey V block has its advantages you know,its near the exit,its near the entrance,its near the bogs,its near the tea bar,its near the away fans so you can actually hear what theyre singing!,its near the goal for all that goal mouth action and finally it has a community all of its own!

Yeah that was the fella, what a total dick he was.

And yeah I guess V block does have it's advantages in terms of location, but the atmosphere was non existant compared to H/J and I found it hard to follow the game at times (can't see the far end of the pitch properly, so kept thinking the ball was going out of play when it was nowhere near)

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Many thanks to the Jblockers. They have given another dimention to the singing section that has simply not been there in the last four seasons.

Both me and Krispies have mentioned this to one another and just had a great laugh.

By the way he was straight and I was gay!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dover said:

By the way he was straight and I was gay!

Ah! You were the dividing line were you?

We have a great laugh in that section. :lol:

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
Another thing (mentioned before) that is really annoying is people leaving early. I know most just go down the front to watch but it must be distracting for the players to hear thousands (literally) of seats emptying 10 mins from the end of the match. :angry:

Also, people who feel obliged to bring flasks, china mugs, battenburg cake can f*** off.

I feel embarrased to sing, I love the Albion and will sing my heart out if it gets going, but the thought of starting a chant and dying on my arse around a load of battenburg munchers fills me with dread.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I sing when it gets going in G-block and I bring a flask, which I share with my kids (always one who has a season ticket, and sometime three when I can buy them tickets too) and we usually have a Snickers or KitKat - can we f*** off too ??

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mendoza10 said:
I was on the straight side:)
the only highlights of the night was the banter, the "if i had the arse of a steward" song

Bella Emburg - size 16 , you're having a laugh

192 - Harry Potter's Dad

You can tell we were losing the game :lolol:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
E and F Blocks were very quiet against Rovers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here