Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In the Super 8 so not that bad.:clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Presumably we want Pakistan to SPANK Holland because then our victory over Pakistan will count in the Super 8's?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well done Lukey MOM :clap2:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Very well played tonight by all the boys.

I am however EXTREMELY CONCERNED that the England team (and especially the skipper) didn't know all they needed to do was win by 2 runs to go through!

Stupid fuckwits

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Very well played tonight by all the boys.

I am however EXTREMELY CONCERNED that the England team (and especially the skipper) didn't know all they needed to do was win by 2 runs to go through!

Stupid fuckwits

I find this Net Run Rate mega confusing, almost like the D/L Method!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I find this Net Run Rate mega confusing, almost like the D/L Method!

It is well confusing in normal leagues with loads of teams and loads of games. In a 3 team league with only 3 games all we had to do was get the rate above the Netherlands rate (which was obviously well low cos they only beat us by 1 run off the last ball) and that way it would be impossible for both of them to get above us.

A professional cricket team (and to be fair Sky as well) should know that

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
It is well confusing in normal leagues with loads of teams and loads of games. In a 3 team league with only 3 games all we had to do was get the rate above the Netherlands rate (which was obviously well low cos they only beat us by 1 run off the last ball) and that way it would be impossible for both of them to get above us.

A professional cricket team (and to be fair Sky as well) should know that

commentators screwed up aswell then as it was'nt until it went back to the studio that it was confirmed....good to know I'm not alone :D

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Presumably we want Pakistan to SPANK Holland because then our victory over Pakistan will count in the Super 8's?

I think it's two separate groups of four in the next stage, so not 'proper' super8s like in the 50 over world cup. So no results carry forward.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
The groupings for the Super 8's is very strange. England go into Group E regardless of the Pakistan v Holland game's result. Assuming Australia beat Sri Lanka (not a given) then England's group will be India, South Africa and Australia !! Whilst the other group will be New Zealand, Bangladesh/Ireland, West Indies and Holland/Pakistan. Suddenly looking rosy for the WI and NZ.

If England get out of that group then 2 of the 3 favourites will be eliminated.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The groupings for the Super 8's is very strange. England go into Group E regardless of the Pakistan v Holland game's result. Assuming Australia beat Sri Lanka (not a given) then England's group will be India, South Africa and Australia !! Whilst the other group will be New Zealand, Bangladesh/Ireland, West Indies and Holland/Pakistan. Suddenly looking rosy for the WI and NZ.

If England get out of that group then 2 of the 3 favourites will be eliminated.

Is this all definite mate?

Only asking as Brendom Mcullum is 18-1 to be top scorer for whole tournament. As an opening batsmen in that group you gotta give him a chance surely?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Does anyone else think that having national anthems before all of the games is inspired??

Adds something very special to this already fantastic tournament.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think playing the national anthems is entirely pointless and ruins the build up completely.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Conboyt, it is for real. I am a saddo as I read the rules last night. I justify this because I am going to the Super 8 games on 15th June and wanted to see who I would be watching. It could be England v Australia and Holland v Ireland !!! 2 Groups could be:

South Africa
Australia/Sri Lanka
England
India

New Zealand
West Indies
Holland/Pakistan
Bangladesh/Ireland

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
So, if Holland win the toss on Wednesday and bat, then Pakistan are out? Brilliant.

I was very fortunate to be there yesterday, superb atmosphere for a comfortable England victory. Glad to say I was there for the 2009 World Cup. Really hope we go on and win it now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here