Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email to NSC on behalf of Plymouth Argyle fans

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
wil donate tonight ... let's get asset strippers out of football for good

Cheers Leftie.

Latest update - 15 redundancies confirmed this evening. 15 loyal servants coming through the front door and explaining to their families that the three months of work without pay was all for nothing.

NB - At least four of our former directors are millionaires, one is a knight of the realm and appears in the Sunday Times rich list. Great innit :wanker:.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Small donation on it's way from me.I will be redundant myself by June but at least the bastards I work for will stump up above state minimum terms unlike the amount going to poor PAFC loyal who will have to rely on the National Insurance Fund for compensation.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That was a pretty angry email Edna, judging by all the swear words that you had to asterisk out :)

:lol: Something to do with copying & pasting on the iPhone I think, sorry!

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Ooh get you with yer fancy phone, surprised you could peel yourself away from angry birds though :D

Todays latest. The £300,000+ Supporter & Development Trust* loan to the club to stave off the last winding up order looks to have been lost in the administration process. It was supposed to have been secured against the ground, apparently it looks like it wasn't!. They never should have used charitible funds to prop up a failing business in the first place and I can see a whole world of civil/criminal proceedings opening up over that little smoke & mirror scam.......especially if Peter Ridsdale ends up as the preferred bidder/eventual owner as it will look for all the world like a 'pre-pack' administration. It never rains :US:.

Big game tonight for us, relegation 6 pointer, 1st chance to witness the 'mood' amongst the home crowd. We'll be united for sure but it could turn ugly if the directors turn up :angry:.

Thanks again for your support, we passed £4k today.

* Not to be confused with the Argyle Trust, the recently created fans group committed to fan representation on any future board and (let's be honest we're all thinking it) the body that will drive AFC Argyle if/when we go under..........

Argyle Fans' Trust

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's actually quite good when the directors turn up in that situation.

It remains one of the highlights of my Albion-supporting life: the game Bellotti sneaked into the directors' box about 10 minutes into a match (he'd started arriving late in the hope nobody would spot him). But everyone was just waiting, a couple of guys made a run towards the box, the abuse rained down from all sides, and he promptly shat himself and legged it straight back out, never to be seen again. It was great to see the weasel run, it galvanised the fans and it made us feel like we'd reclaimed the Goldstone back for ourselves again. The stewards then refused to put their necks on the line for him, so the police basically told him not to bother coming to matches.

I can't remember if that was the same match he was rumoured to have been smuggled out of the ground in a laundry basket to avoid the baying hordes wanting his blood outside the back of the West Stand :lolol:

Dark days....and yet some great memories too even amongst it all. If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain...

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Thing is in Belloti's day there wasn't an administrator selling £50 tickets to fans to sit in the Directors box, it's basically a court appointed lynch mob. They won't show, it'd be suicide.

Reading the notes from the Trust meeting with Guilfolye last night it seems we're 14 days from liquidation. He won't go unfunded beyond the 17th and even then any nominated preferred bidder has to agree to stump up his fee AND the running costs until the end of the season. Around £2,000,000 in return for nothing more than exclusivity in the purchase of a business that ran up £13,000,000 debts and whose 'flagship' operation currently sits bottom of the league. Who in their right would do that?.

Not fussed about rainbows any more, you can't see them when you're six feet under :bigwave:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're up to around £5,300 now, good effort :thumbsup:

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
They're up to around £5,300 now, good effort :thumbsup:

Wish it could be more, especially for those kicked out of the club with the statutory minimum from the government redundancy scheme.

Todays latest - A new fund has opened up now (for Argyle fans only) to help us fulfil our league fixtures. The 'great escape fund' is required to ensure we can cover such mundane things as fuel for the team coach (and we use more than any other club) feeding the players and overnight stays ahead of games at Hartlepool and Carlisle........can you imagine the performance we'd put in on the back of an eight hour coach trip from Devon to Cumbria :eek:.

While the fans are paying for these things our former directors have paid the square route of zip despite being asked to, on moral grounds, by the administrator. They won't pay for basic running costs to keep the club alive (the club whose scarf they carried above their heads in press photos when they arrived :wanker:) but news today that they are preparing a bid to buy the club back :angry:. Run up £13m debts, go into administration then buy the club back for 10p in the pound?. I think not :wrong:.

For that and reasons of basic pride we'd never wish for outside donations to the latest fund, it's our mess and we're obliged to get ourselves out of it, if we can.

The staff hardship fund continues however, it won't be directed to club debts or running costs GUARANTEED.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
good luck. As a born and bred Cork City FC man I can see some fateful similarities with my home-town club, but the moral of that story is you can bounce back and control some aspects of your future, although the dream of keeping things as they are isn't always the best choice.

Solidarity amongst football fans :love:

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
OK, come back from the pub and found that the staff hardship fund has now CLOSED. Ian's paypal account on the link you have is now taking donations for the club survival fund only, as I said that's a fight we have to fight for ourselves.

Thread unsticky please.

To anyone who contributed and all who cared sufficiently to open the thread even, thank you, your support and the wider solidarity of other clubs fans has been tremendous, the one positive thing to come out of all this......

:bowdown: :albion: :bowdown:.

Please keep us in mind over the next eight days, 124 years of history hangs in the balance :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here