Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email to NSC on behalf of Plymouth Argyle fans

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chaps/ladies of NSC

Got the email below from my Plymouth supporting buddy this evening, asking if I wouldn't mind posting on NSC, so in the interest of football solidarity, here you go :thumbsup:

Glad to see them win today, would be a damn good show if they could stay up in the circumstances. And send Swindon & Wednesday down in the meantime :D

The other night at the Withdean we were bowled over by the*empathetic response to our situation. The expressions of good will from*Albion fans, both individually and collectively,*were overwhelming. In today's cynical and self centered world you*made us, and this old FSA activist in particular, very proud. The*way the club itself was supportive*was particularly poignant. We couldn't see them, well you can't see anything*at Withdean*can you!!, but I like to think that the*board members present that evening squirmed a little awkwardly*in their seats as at half time your PA announcer read out Richard Vaughan's email criticising them. Not many clubs would openly criticism their guests, good on you Albion.
Football is bigger than these people, bigger than the*Bellotti'*and Archers. We'll go on, just as you have so wonderfully well since them. We may be*experiencing*difficult times right now but we're doing so with a steely determination*to stay alive primarily*and stay up too if we can, what's more we're trying to do it with a smile on our faces. However, we could use a little help.********
Fans on PASOTI (Plymouth Argyle*Supporters on the internet) are organising a hardship fund to help the back office staff at Home Park who have been working without pay now for some months. These men and women are as blameless as*the fans for*the situation we find ourselves in. The actions of our multi-millionaire owners*in not paying the bills is an embarrassment to us all but of*particular*shame is the failure to pay the core workers at the club.
I don't mean the players, they*enjoy*the protection of the PFA and the FA's ridiculous*policy of protecting football creditors. I*mean the tea ladies, the ticket office girls,*the*driver of the team bus*and the shop workers etc. You will all be able to identify with people such as these, every club has them, the backbone of the operation, the unsung heroes of*football.*For these people their mortgages don't go away*and their bills don't stop just because*the selfish and miserly actions of their employers happen to leave*them penniless. They have*already seen*Christmas through with no pay but*now*we have been brought into administration they also face immediate redundancy.*
Every day however they have come to work. As fans of the club we have seen no*drop in*service, no bitterness, no idleness just a stiff upper lip and the occasional tear when*the brave face can't hold it any longer. We have already organised a fund which was paid around Christmas to help them, we can't come close to paying them all their wages but every little helps as they say. Following*the slide into administration the chances of these men and women being paid any time soon*has*reduced*still further.
There is a lot of good will towards our club, it's manifested itself in many ways from many clubs,*and our gratitude for the expressions of help and support know no bounds. If we could ask for one thing though at this time it would be for the wider football community to assist us in assisting our own. We're not asking you to do anything we're not doing ourselves.*If you need more incentive feel free have a look at the clip on this link to the BBC Sport website, it was recorded the day before we went*into administration and the staff stopped work to deliver this message. Could you conduct yourself with such dignity and composure*having worked unpaid for months?, I know I couldn't................
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9413142.stm*
A link on how to donate online*can be found below.*I reiterate, this will NOT go to playing staff and certainly NOT towards the clubs debts. This is organised by the fans,*the club can't touch it. You*won't be propping up our*failed regime, just showing*a little bit of solidarity to the sort of people who make all*clubs work the way they do.**

Plymouth Argyle Football Supporters - PASOTI - View topic - Staff Hardship Fund (It's STILL coming in!!)

Thank you for your time and, if minded, thank you for anything you can give,*it's*VERY much appreciated.
Now go and win the league, we'll see you in the next life!. *

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Made a donation earlier in the week and will do so again when I get paid next week, hope the idea takes off at every club in the league

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will make a small donation as it appears that it will not be going to the people who caused the problems in the first place. Inteesting to note that the adminstrator etc are all Leeds based, is this coincidence or done by design by Peter Ridsdale so he can buy the club very cheaply.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They've raised over three grand for this fund in five days, not bad eh? At least it's going to the unsung people at the club, and not (as my mate said) the protected creditors who always get what they're due in these deeply unsatisfactory cases.

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
Hang in there Argyle, hope to see your fortune's turn the corner V'soon & a small donation on It's way from me...

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Very happy to see Plymouth's result today. Really hope they can stay up against the odds.

Half-Time-Pasty

Mar 6, 2011
Helping the PAFC Staff

Evening all, PAFC fan in peace. Firstly, apologies for placing this on your main board I couldn't find a more relevant place.

I've read some amazing threads on a number of Seagulls forums regarding our current position and the similar one you found yourselves in a number of years ago. Most of which has been positive in both directions so first, and foremost, thanks! The support we've received over recent months has been great. It's a sad state of affairs when a select few can ruin a club from the top without a consideration for anyone below them in the hierarchy.

My main reason for posting is that the members of PASOTI (Plymouth Argyle Supporters on the Internet) have started a fund for the PAFC staff that shouldn't be in the position they are in now. As most of you are probably aware, they haven't been paid properly or on time since December. A donation was put together by IJN on PASOTI and over £5k was collected. Now the staff could face redundancies so we're collecting for a hardship fund to help if the worst happens. In little over a week it's passed the £3k mark, we're now branching out to see if football fans can help hit new targets.

If you could take the time to read THIS THREAD ON PASOTI and consider donating or even spreading the word further to your other forums we would be most grateful.

Many thanks for reading this & now that you've beaten us again win EVERY game you play between now and the end of the season! You've got a number of fixtures that could help us out of the bottom of the table! :D

p.s. Does Nooney get the "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooone" 'boo' when he comes on? I think it took people a while to realise we weren't booing him!

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Cheers people. No idea what the future holds but whatever it is the fans and staff will at least display the dignity and fight that was sadly so lacking in the boardroom.

It doesn't seem five minutes ago we were in your position, heading for the Championship, seemingly indestructable. I'd like to say the final couple of months were enjoyable but to be honest the fear of failure at the final hurdle was one of the most nervy unpleasant experiences i've been through in football. WHEN you get there it's fine, getting there caused knotted guts and bitten nails though i'm afraid, no way of dressing it up!.

Best of luck and thanks again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
..........and the boy Barnes, and Nooney...............and Garry Nelson for that matter :lol:

I trust you enjoyed Ashley's goals yesterday as much as we did, I know you have a soft spot for him :lolol:

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
I trust you enjoyed Ashley's goals yesterday as much as we did, I know you have a soft spot for him :lolol:

As you know full well young lady i'm in a minority down our way when it comes to Le Barn 'Dor. I was a fan, I thought letting him move up north was a big mistake. Then again I appreciate the merits of Rory Fallon, so what do I know?.........and in the scheme of the mistakes Argyle have made recently what does it really matter?.

What impressed me more was his through ball to set up Murray, where did that come from?. He's improved, definately.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barnes has 14 goals so far in what is probably his first full season (as opposed to being mainly a sub).

Granted, he could have had triple that number with some of the chances he's missed, but none of us would have turned it down if you'd promised us in August he'd have 14 by early March.

Anyway, you will see there are plenty of threads debating his merits, so I'll leave that there :)

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Posted this on the Villa board I usee (avillafan.com). If I could get some computer issues sorted (damm you cookies) I would get it on Villatalk as well. Will be making a donation myself in the near future. Hats off to you lads getting this going for the families.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
If I get some time later in the week I will try to get it on all league one boards

I appreciate the gesture Severnside, and far be it for me to stop you, it should really be down to us though. Truth is though it's not my baby to play with, i'll try and gee things up a bit more at their end. I approached Edna to cover BHA simply because I'm local, I know Albion are sympathetic and offers of help came thick and fast last week.

As a brief update things are starting to bite now as Brendan Guilfoyle gets to work. Basically until and unless he selects a preferred bidder on the 13th he's unfunded, there is no money at the club, not a bean.

The old directors, the inglorious b*st*rds if you will, have been asked to put some money in. When we'd all stopped laughing we realised he was actually serious.

Given that Dick Knight is more likely to put money into Argyle than any of them, existing season ticket holders are being asked to contribute an additional tenner each game, and for £500 you can be a director for the day!. Given the fact the old directors may still take their seats I can see that being popular.....with the stewards still unpaid I could see a number of blind eyes being turned towards public order offences in the directors box :D.

Personally I feel club cashflow is our problem, and as fans we'll deal with it. We're hoping for a big turn out tomorrow, buckets will definately be rattled but as I say that's for US to contribute to, we'd never expect or want opposition fans to bail us out. It's our club, although blameless ourselves, we'll get ourselves out of it :cool:.

Todays most pressing development however brings the need for the hardship fund home. Despite working unpaid since December and despite being receptive to continuing to work unpaid on Friday staff are being gathered for redundancies. The Centre Spot, the clubs retail presence in the City Centre, closed today with no notice and no details of when it'll re-open. It doesn't look good for the staff involved, it looks they'll join the ranks of the unemployed as thanks for their months of unpaid work.

They were exactly the cases the hardship fund was created for and we remain grateful for any assistance you can give us, to help them. Anything that goes to them won't go to club debts (see original post).

Cheers all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here