Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email from the club

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The offer is for STH only?

It is. But it doesn't say you need to produce card when using in small print. But hopefully they've thought about it a bit and will have 1 voucher loaded on each smart card that will be wiped when someoneuses one of these vouchers yeh. Also I think they should have put a minimum priced product on it to stop potential abuse eg borrowing mates smartcards to use voucher if said mate isn't bothered about using his / hers...

Nice gesture though - will be using mine :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lovely gesture. Leaves them open to abuse tho as you could print that voucher 20 times and as long as it's a seperate purchase, you can get £5 off each time :lol:

So what? The more vouchers you use, the more money the club is making. Bit like the vouchers for Pizza Express etc. It's all money that the shop wouldn't have taken normally, but, because you've got a magic voucher, its time to spend, spend, spend!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what? The more vouchers you use, the more money the club is making. Bit like the vouchers for Pizza Express etc. It's all money that the shop wouldn't have taken normally, but, because you've got a magic voucher, its time to spend, spend, spend!

Yes - IF there was a minimum spend you'd be right. I reckon maybe there is a min spend but they didn't write it on voucher. Otherwise you can just get a £5 mug for no money - then who's losing out?!

Also £15 for a club shirt that's still valid for a yr is BRILLIANT :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes - IF there was a minimum spend you'd be right. I reckon maybe there is a min spend but they didn't write it on voucher. Otherwise you can just get a £5 mug for no money - then who's losing out?!

Yeah, I know. That might be the case, but people would more than likely spend more than that in the shop, once they are there. They obviously make money on the book, clothing and tour deals though, which probably more than makes up for any losses on the vouchers. Plus 20 visits to the club shop between now and the end of October is a pretty big ask!

There isn't a minimum spend, but on the vouchers it does say "Vouchers which are defaced, altered or photocopied will not be accepted". Not sure how they are going to get around that with the link that has been included in the email! Myself and the junior Bobkins are OK because we've moved so got the vouchers with our new tickets.

Whatever, I'm guessing the shope is going to be rammed tonight!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Having another look at that voucher, it states that it "includes" official shirts and training and matchday kit. So I guess that, in itself, is a minimum spend...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They're useless, this is what I got.

Dear Tubthumper,

On behalf of the football club, we look forward to welcoming you to the 1901 Club for tomorrow night's opening game of the season against Cardiff City. The club have made a number of improvements of the pitch and tonight's Profile Lounge pre-match entertainment will start with a special curtain raising Gully's Girl suck-and-blow daisy chain followed by the usual floor show. You should of received a happy ending voucher by now. There is also some football going on outside if you can be arsed.

Someone needs a lesson in English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here