Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email From News Editor Of Argus!!

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
"Squirrels to get Traffic Wardens and Norfolk Sq is to be cleaned up"

...will probably be the Argus headlines.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
this is all total bollox, what, the argus got a bunch of monkeys working around the clock!:nono:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If (and it is a big IF) the Argus do know the decision they are probably consulting with lawyers to decide whether they should run the full story or stick with what they have written so far. Probably some careful wording going on to make sure they don't get into any legal trouble down the line.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I bet the Argus has an EMBARGOED press release from OPDM. It will be set for release at a specified time for probably this afternoon or even 6am tomorrow to allow them to use it for first edition!
Anyone got any contacts at the Argus, Meridian or BBC South?

Neon Light

Jan 8, 2004
I have just phoned my mate who works at the Argus and he is going to call me back as soon as he hears anything.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
that is the spelling the man used.

FACT.

i can email you the actual email if you want.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
mk_bha said:
that is the spelling the man used.

FACT.

i can email you the actual email if you want.

As a former newspaper editor I have sent far worse grammatical emails than that .... he will be rushed off his feet if he is putting the story to bed for a later edition or for an overnight for tomorrow

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
Todays D-day, but we are all the Germans who wont know its D-day till the next day.

does that make sense? :p

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If all this talk about an embargo is right, then it should be worth having a look at the Argus Night Final edition...

On a story like this they would have to seriously consider breaking the embargo if they know the decision.... especially as everyone will beat them to it tomorrow otherwise

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
trueblue said:
If all this talk about an embargo is right, then it should be worth having a look at the Argus Night Final edition...

On a story like this they would have to seriously consider breaking the embargo if they know the decision.... especially as everyone will beat them to it tomorrow otherwise

I doubt they will risk being blacked by the Gov press office by breaking an embargo. I did it once with Strathclyde Police and never received another press release from the bastards!!!

My guess is the Argus will bring out a special early edition.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
trueblue said:

That would be good....they could always say they got their information from one of the NIMBYs thereby weakening their chance of a Judicial Revue...:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here