Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick

What exactly does he do, that has made him liked by so many fans?

I'll say it again - he models the strip well enough, but as for making tackes, stops, bringing the ball out of defence, even getting in the way of opposing attackers..... he's frickin' awol!

I saw him make about 4 one-touch hoofs, before anyone could challenge him, but that was about all he did.

He's just making up the numbers as far as I can tell.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Puts in the effort, throws himself in front of everything. Last season it was effective,this season not so much, as we have NO pace at the back between him and Hawkins. We can only afford to have one or the other.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I needed a laugh

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i think you are being unfair. He's a young player who played the majority of last season with Butters, a steadying influence who read the game well and helped Tommy through the games. Now he's got to form an understanding with Hawkins knowing that Lynch and possible Virgo are after his place.

He didn't have great game today, but then again who did?
His confidence is low.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
freshwater-fly-fishing-b06.jpg

Crezhell

Aug 11, 2008
Moron. he has been one of our best players this season. At southend he was a hound.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Good point about Butters. Butters' experience and influence on the young lads last year was important, and Joel's speed, ability to recover from mistakes, and assured manner meant Elphick could just get on with getting stuck in and hoofing. I think losing Guy and Joel has taken Elphick out of his comfort zone.

Yes thats definately the reason. You know so much about football. Haha, clown.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
He did a fantastic tackle early in the first half, which lead to the first goal. But apart from that, his pace and his footwork are totally awful. Why does he proceed on hoofing the ball 40 to 50 miles in the air and to absolutely no where! Lynch must be put back in the back-four next week against Yeovil.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
His distribution is woeful, Lynchs was also poor today when he came on. The Hawk is better than both of them at bringing the ball down and finding a full back or something.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Oh yes, what a fool I am. Elphick looks ok last season and rubbish this season, and I suggest it might be something to do with the fact he played with Butters and Lynch at one stage and now Hawkins. What a RIDICULOUS point!

Yes it is, thanks for admiting it.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
You dick. You really don't think that Elphick's drop in performance just might have something to do with the fact he's swapped an experienced pro and a quick youngster for a slow Irishman?

Yeh but you have known for over a year that he is a donkey, is that not right? Get it right mate. You are clueless, end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here