Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Elon Musk and Twitter

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So then if someone says they are a woman but they have a penis to many people they are telling a lie and a simple DNA test can prove that.

So if someone perpetrates that lie should they be called out and sanctioned?

At present it's the opposite, the lie is defended over the truth.
You appear to not user stand the difference between gender & biological sex.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No it doesn't. Trump continued to lie on Twitter, and was threatening democracy in the US. The Taliban are an evil regime, but they are trying to stay in the rules of what can and can't be posted on the platform. So far, as long as they don't break the rules, they don't get banned.

Wrong again. Trump and co can post political views as much as they like. It's the blatant lies that got Trump banned, not his views.

Wow, you are really mixed up about politics. The people opposing Trump are liberals.

Democracy was never threatened in the US. The people who come up with that shit really are dupes. I mean who believes that crap?

The only way democracy could cease to exist in the US was if a military coup occurred and any adult who isn't thick knows that would never have happened.

Hilarious that people who think Trump had any such power as to turn the US into a non-Democratic nation.

Politicians lie all the time, how many lies by other politicians do you want pointed out?

They aren't Liberals at all. True Liberals said Trump despite his views should never have been banned from any platform because guess what, that's what REAL Liberals believe.

You seem to think these left wing authoritarian are somehow Liberals. Liberals aren't into banning shit they don't like, get it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why are you asking me a dumb question?

Nobody even mentioned free speech.

All that was said is tiktok is cancer. Which it is.
It’s not a dumb question. To find it a cancer you must disagree with what’s on it.

You dumb shit

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You appear to not user stand the difference between gender & biological sex.

Oh but I do.

Man is to male as Woman is to female.

Nothing complicated about it which is why the people who created that stuck with it forever and a day.

Have you seen the absolute bellends who when asked what is a woman can't even answer that question?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Democracy was never threatened in the US. The people who come up with that shit really are dupes. I mean who believes that crap?
well Trump and his followers seem to say that a lot.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It’s not a dumb question. To find it a cancer you must disagree with what’s on it.

You dumb shit

Of course it's a dumb question.

It has nothing to do with free speech yet you bring up free speech. Why did you did that genius?

It's cancer because of some of the negative shit that is impacting people on the platform. Completely different to say twitter.

I'd say you're the dumb shit for not being able to comprehend that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

The only way democracy could cease to exist in the US was if a military coup occurred and any adult who isn't thick knows that would never have happened.

Biden won the election quite easily, but Trump asked Republican officials to lie about the results, and announce him the winner in states where he lost. Had they gone along with it, that would have been announcing someone who lost as the winner - that's what's just happened in the annexed regions of Ukraine. That is not democracy. Even after all that, he encouraged his followers to storm the capital, to try and overturn the democratic will of the people. Trump wanted to be given the presidency despite losing the election. He wanted, and attempted to, end democracy in the US.

Hilarious that people who think Trump had any such power as to turn the US into a non-Democratic nation.
He failed, but he did try.

Politicians lie all the time, how many lies by other politicians do you want pointed out?
Please point out any examples in the UK where a Prime Minister - hell, even an MP, has asked the officials to lie about the results in order to pervert the course of an election.

They aren't Liberals at all. True Liberals said Trump despite his views should never have been banned from any platform because guess what, that's what REAL Liberals believe.
No, that's your view on liberals. Not all liberals share the same view. It would go against the principle of a liberal to think there should only be one view.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Maybe he's just trying to pitch the question to the audience :shrug:

I'd say he has no idea what he's talking about.

Here's a link to a medical condition which is being attributed to TikTok. I think we can both agree it has nothing to do with free speech and all to do with TikTok actually have a negative health impact on people.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Biden won the election quite easily, but Trump asked Republican officials to lie about the results, and announce him the winner in states where he lost. Had they gone along with it, that would have been announcing someone who lost as the winner - that's what's just happened in the annexed regions of Ukraine. That is not democracy. Even after all that, he encouraged his followers to storm the capital, to try and overturn the democratic will of the people. Trump wanted to be given the presidency despite losing the election. He wanted, and attempted to, end democracy in the US.

And the Republican Party didn't and thus Democracy was never in any kind of danger.

Props to you for trying to make it sound so dramatic and like it had any chance at all of actually happening.

That's how fearmongering works best I guess.

He failed, but he did try.

He didn't even come remotely close. Like not even one single minute did this ever look like it would happen.
Please point out any examples in the UK where a Prime Minister - hell, even an MP, has asked the officials to lie about the results in order to pervert the course of an election.

Well didn't a UK PM lie to help start a war against another foreign nation and thus attack their political system no matter how screwed up it was?

No, that's your view on liberals. Not all liberals share the same view. It would go against the principle of a liberal to think there should only be one view.

The sheer number of "liberals" in the US that want to shut down any views that do not mirror their own is mind boggling.

US colleges are full of supposed Liberals yet US colleges are some of the worst for wanting to shut down and remove any kind of platforms of anyone who doesn't share their views.

As you point out, one of the core tenets of being a Liberal is to support the views of others even if you do not agree with them.

Thus like I said, anyone who calls themselves a liberal but wants to shut down other's views is nothing more than authoritarian left.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of course it's a dumb question.

It has nothing to do with free speech yet you bring up free speech. Why did you did that genius?

It's cancer because of some of the negative shit that is impacting people on the platform. Completely different to say twitter.

I'd say you're the dumb shit for not being able to comprehend that.
“A cancer” is something you try to cure

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
“A cancer” is something you try to cure

Yeah like actual medical issues being caused by tiktok. Get it?

Is that not clear enough? Sod all to do with free speech and all to do with actual health issues that platform is causing people that aren't happening on other platforms. Young people are using it to diagnose medical issues rather than go see Dr's.

This kind of thing isn't happening on twitter or Facebook like it does on tiktok.

Then there's the stupid challenges that cause medical issues.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And the Republican Party didn't and thus Democracy was never in any kind of danger.

The Republican party as a whole didn't get to vote / decide whether or not democracy should stay, it was down to the individuals that Trump asked to lie, so you underestimate the danger their democracy was in. Not that I commented on how much danger it was in, I simply pointed out that Trump was threatening it.

That's how fearmongering works best I guess.
I don't think fearmongering works on discussing historical events whilst drawing no relation to future ones. I simply pointed out what Trump did, and you're building a strawman argument.

Well didn't a UK PM lie to help start a war against another foreign nation and thus attack their political system no matter how screwed up it was?
Trump tried to overturn a democratic election in his own country. You are trying to play that down by saying that all politicians lie, as if all lies are equal, which they are clearly not, so I asked when we our politicians tried to overturn a democratic vote in their country, and you've responded with something about war. So you have no comparisons to Trump.

As you point out, one of the core tenets of being a Liberal is to support the views of others even if you do not agree with them.

Thus like I said, anyone who calls themselves a liberal but wants to shut down other's views is nothing more than authoritarian left.
I don't disagree with your point about allowing others to have their views (opinions). This is about preventing Trump from spreading lies, not his views.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh lord ! Tyrone Biggums is back ! Who went and rattled his cage ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Me apparently, for suggesting lying isn't the same as free speech.
Valid points but, valid points just get old TB spitting feathers. Don't make the mistake of trying to argue constructively with him...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Do people actually still trust billionaires to do good in this world? They are self serving ego-maniacs. They are not a force for good.
I'd raise you Bill Gates, if he's not drinking blood he's quite a philanthropist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here