Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott's agent

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's easy to blame the agent for everything, I know, and of course if young Bennett sees double wages on offer he'll be interested - but who wouls have been whispering in Norwich's ear, "He's very happy at Brighton - you'll have to offer him at least £XXXXX a week to get him interested"?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Without wanting to go too far O/T, apparently Holloway gets a cut of any profit made on a player, which I can see some sense in. Doesn't Redknapp get a cut of any fee received for a player? And people wonder why he's always buying and selling players...

blackpool's chairman clarified yesterday on the radio that holloway gets a % of the total transfer profit, not on a player by player basis, i.e any profits on wood would be offset against any losses on others he has signed, if there has been any. Seems fair enough to me and encourages him to spend wisely.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A Simple Twist of Fate

If someone offered you three times the salary at a bigger and more successful company, you wouldn't need to check with your solicitor before deciding it's a good idea would you? FFS, I know agents aren't everyone's favourite people but it's ridiculous to think that Bennett wouldn't have given Norwich a second thought without some sharp-suited shyster nudging him in that direction.

He's, what, 21 years old (?) and hearing (despite never having been given permission to speak to Norwich, oddly enough) that they're going to offer him whatever daft sum of money Championship players get these days...what young bloke would think any different?

It depends on the player. Gordon Smith refused a massive pay rise to come to Brighton (he wanted to stay at Rangers) and eventually joined the Albion. He did not want to come but in the end he did. And the rest is history.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So this agent, shall we sell his bollocks to medical science? Cos he obviously has some.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Saw them deep in conversation in the Sportsman after the game on Tuesday...
Also heard from one of the other players that he doesn't want to move... What does anyone know though hey?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Bennett's agent is either incompetent - leaving things until it's too late for the Albion to replace Bennett and therefore getting a big thumbs down - or he is playing the long game - ensuring that his player gets a massive pay increase when promotion is confirmed and he reveals that the Player of the Season wants to stay.

I think he is playing the long game.

I concur with that comment, anyone know roughly what his weekly wage is at the moment per chance and if so what we should be prepared to pay. As we move on to bigger and better things this is something we will always be faced with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here