Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Got him in my fantasy league team and I've noticed he's been starting all home games, so hope he features tomorrow. Only a matter of time before he hits his first wonder-strike and starts racking up the assists IMO. I thought he would have already with the likes of Holt & Morison being such aerial threats but it hasn't quite happened yet.

Good luck to him, definitely talented/hard-working enough to forge a lengthy top-flight career for himself.
There's his first. :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just added a million to his value - great play and only a couple of minutes after nearly gifting Sunderland a goal too :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure how anyone can claim that Buckley is a better player than Bennett when Buckley plays more as an out and out winger whereas Bennett best games were in the middle. As for not replacing Crofts and therefore lacking the physicality in midfield I didn't think our style was meant to be physical. Bridcutt is there to tidy up in front of the back four and lay it off to the playmakers, Lua Lua, Buckley, Noone, Vicente, Harley, unfortunately, I don't think Dicker is in their league and too often gets caught on the ball and Navarro is probably more physical but from my point of view, superfluous. Great sub to help close out a game but then we have Vincelot for that (provided Ankergren doesn't just throw away possession!!!!)
Buckley has the whole package when fit,beano had many poor games last season and hardly ever took players on and didn't score very often either,saw bennett a dozen times last season and don't recall one dencent performance.

Still think bennett has a great future though:)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Makes me laugh,Bennett has been awesome tonight but i havn't heard Pilkington's name.How di they get another 500,000 grand for him?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think we still miss Elliott Bennett for his ability to turn games. Buckley has the same ability, though we've yet to really see it, apart from against Doncaster. The thing I liked about him was that when his transfer request was turned down last January, he just buckled down and continued to play his best, rather than sulking, and his celebration against Walsall after his thumper there was totally genuine. We all knew he'd be off in the Summer, but he left with the good will of nearly every Albion fan. Crofty as well I don't think we have fully replaced. We still don't really have an effective box-to-box midfielder, and that showed even when we were playing at our best last season. Matt Sparrow, who was bought to replace Crofty, is really a playing behind the front two or up front with a single striker kind of player. He hasn't really blended in, and has been the main disappointment for me. I can remember only two games when he stood out last season: Swindon away and Charlton away. I don't know what's gone wrong with your team tonight though. I thought Norwich played an open game, but it's been all hoof ball tonight. Bennett's been good, but you haven't really got the ball to him. Edit: brilliant ball across by Bennett for your goal, let's hope you wake up in the second half.

Last edited:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Speaking of facepalms, it would seem Brucey agrees with me;

_55601367_55601366.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
CHANCE!!! Bennett finishes off a flowing counter attack with a low drive that is well save d by Mignolet. The ball is parried to Martin but his cross cum shot flashes across the area.

Norwich doing better than Liverpool or Brighton. Catttermole on the bench for Sunderland.

Last edited:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Bennett's subbed off, and even the BBC have said how well he did (shock, horror). It's times like these when I wish I knew how to work Twatter, so that I could pass on messages of support to the chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here