Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott bennett

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Super role model and super player. Agree with everything above.

We possibly have the best pair of full backs and maybe (at least till Xmas) the best pair of wingers if you play EB on the right. No cover for any of the wide positions but our starting line-up gives us a great chance to get to the Champ soon and with quality people from all[ accounts not just quality players.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
In fact. Thinking on this further, he started to become my favourite player when El-Abd got sent off (against MK Dons i think. El-abd or our right back) was sent off and Elliot managed to cover our man in defence, AND play winger. He made one mistake all game. And he put in a great challenge to recover. I realized that match what a good player we had.

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
In fact. Thinking on this further, he started to become my favourite player when El-Abd got sent off (against MK Dons i think. El-abd or our right back) was sent off and Elliot managed to cover our man in defence, AND play winger. He made one mistake all game. And he put in a great challenge to recover. I realized that match what a good player we had.

he was awesome at right back that day, i love him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My sister in law looked at Elliot's old flat in Telford when she was after a place to rent. She ended up in Bridgenorth.

Now THAT is what you call a tenuous link!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Reminds me of the idiot sitting behind me at the villa match, "Elliot bennett more like Gordon bennett" was his favourite phase, coupled with " he's the worst player I've ever seen play for the albion". What a complete tool.

StJimmyL

Nov 2, 2009
Elliot Bennett is key to our hopes of promotion. Lua Lua is great, yes. But Bennett is our player - he's in contract.

He will certainly have a lot of weight on his shoulders come January and will need a lot of the confidence the crowd can give him.

oooh Rahhh!

:albion1::amex::albion1::amex::albion1::amex::albion1::amex:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Reminds me of the idiot sitting behind me at the villa match, "Elliot bennett more like Gordon bennett" was his favourite phase, coupled with " he's the worst player I've ever seen play for the albion". What a complete tool.

You are f***ing KIDDING me?

Under the "start" we had with Salde - he was the ONLY bright point.

SHOULD have been player of the season last year instead of Crofts in my book. Daylight ROBBERY that was.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Credit to Gus for changing his role and solving our "creative midfielder" problem. As an out and out winger he was sometimes periferal - and let's face it - you can't have two strikers and two wingers on the pitch at the same time. As I became aware of his influence on the game, I took the time to watch him "off the ball" on Saturday. His work rate was impressive. Add to that his obvious skills, pace and the ability to score from long range - and I believe we have an Albion legend in the making.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's a wonderful player. I can't quite get my head around the fact that we now have TWO players capable of scoring blockbusting goals from distance as well as making a fantastic contribution.

Damn it - we actually have a bloody good squad. Bennett, Kaz, Kish, Murray, Barnes, Calderon, Painter and el-Abd and Elph. Great stuff really. I just wish it wasn't tempting me to drive to Carlisle...

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
My favourite player. Seen him around town abit too, seems like a cracking lad, and seems to just get better and better performance wise. Always exciting to watch, and knows how to handle himself media-wise. Quality talent to have at the club.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Was in town last night having few drinks with my mates, bumped into elliott bennett and a few of the other brighton lads also nicky forster , spoke to bennett for quite a while he said to me i love brighton we will be in the premiership in 5 years and is very excited about times ahead, also i said to him about the fans and he appreciates all of the fans how passionaite we are about the club being stuck in withdean and for the travelling support , i said to him im a season ticket holder and go to quite a few away games next thing i know he offers me a drink, just thought it was interesting with some of the bad things said about some footballers think hes a top bloke and a very talented fooballer may the future for elliott bennet be for the albion :clap2:

How quickly things change.

Agents, Money, Ego = trouble.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
How quickly things change.

Agents, Money, Ego = trouble.

You don't know any of that at all. I'm sure he's still the same person he was then but situations change. Thanks to Poyet he's a much better player worth a lot more, it's to his and Poyet's credit that his value has virtually tripled.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I do wish these players wouldn't pretend to be loyal - all this slapping the badge cr@p. I remember around the time of the Charton game, people saying how fired up for the Albion EB was. Just means it even less believable next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here