Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett song last night

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Great atmosphere last night, and the Bennett song that went on for ages before half time, was f***ing BRILLIANT.
But
It really should be Bennett, Elliott Bennet runs down the wing for me

NOT

Elliott, Elliott Bennet runs down the wing for me!! :wrong:

:thumbsup:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Great atmosphere last night, and the Bennett song that went on for ages before half time, was f***ing BRILLIANT.
But
It really should be Bennett, Elliott Bennet runs down the wing for me

NOT

Elliott, Elliott Bennet runs down the wing for me!! :wrong:

:thumbsup:

I'm sorry the song is shockingly bad and makes me cringe. Sound like a bunch of total jessies, "runs down the wing for me" FFS.

The Casper one on the other hand is decent.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I'm sorry the song is shockingly bad and makes me cringe. Sound like a bunch of total jessies, "runs down the wing for me" FFS.

what??

it's one of the best songs we've had at the Albion for years, excellent stuff last night

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Better than no song I guess and more inventive than Albion Albion. The runs down the wing for me is a bit shit but can't be changed now.

Many won't sing it because it was born on here though

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

The Casper one on the other hand is decent.

The words aren't great as you say, but it's an original football tune (I think) and the first new successful song for YEARS. Just hope it's not done to death this season and gets ruined!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The words aren't great as you say, but it's an original football tune (I think) and the first new successful song for YEARS. Just hope it's not done to death this season and gets ruined!

i thought that ten minutes solid of it last night had already acheived that!

sing it when he does something good by all means, but when he hasn't touched the ball for an entire half it's a bit of an overkill

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

sing it when he does something good by all means, but when he hasn't touched the ball for an entire half it's a bit of an overkill

As it was the first game where it was really successful then I didn't mind too much, but to do that every game from now on with have most people pulling their hair out!

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
even though its good to have a song for Benno and one thats easy for the fans to sing a long too....it does'nt stop me thinking its a shit song! "runs down the wing for me"...UBER GAY!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Im sorry its rubbish, ending it runs down the wing for me is lame, its the HEARTBEAT theme tume ffs, and also nicked off a song for a 3rd rate Liverpool player.

Rubbish. Singing doesn't have to be solely about someone doing something good. If he's having a bit of a shocker, great, give him a lift by signing his name for 10 mins. Give the whole team a lift by singing constantly for 10 mins. Everyone's enjoying themselves, get over yourselves!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Rubbish. Singing doesn't have to be solely about someone doing something good. If he's having a bit of a shocker, great, give him a lift by signing his name for 10 mins. Give the whole team a lift by singing constantly for 10 mins. Everyone's enjoying themselves, get over yourselves!

Nothing about doing anything good. Im all for singing for players at any time, but its a shit song. Sorry, it really is totally gay.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its a matter of TASTE innit, some goons like Coldplay....I DETEST them, some people like this song...i DONT but am happy for it to be sung if it gets the crowd going...unlike Coldplay, I've been known to leave pubs when those shithouses come on the jukebox :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here