Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett First Norwich Kit pics with Interview

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Said some nice things about his time in Brighton in the interview.

The other interview with Lambert talking about buying bennett, the interviewer says

"Elliott has some experience of playing at a big club like Norwich, when he was with Wolves"

cheeky monkey

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
“It’s unbelievable,” said Bennett. “It is an opportunity the gaffer has given me and it is one I have got to try and take.

“I have to try and get into his team first. There are a lot of very good players here - you don’t get back-to-back promotions if you haven’t got good players, so the first task is to try and get into the team .

“I will think about the international stars that will be coming to Carrow Road only if I get the opportunity to do that.

“But I can’t tell you how happy I am to be here and I really appreciate everyone who has given me the opportunity to do it.”

Bennett will team up with former Brighton team-mate Andrew Crofts, who made the same move a year ago and has become a crowd favourite at Carrow Road.

“It doesn’t surprise me at all,” said Bennett. “That’s just what it was like for him at Brighton.

“If I could end up getting half of that come my way I’d be happy. I’m not setting myself any targets. The gaffer has brought me in here to add to a great squad and hopefully I can play my part this season.”

Bennett was on City’s radar in January, when an offer was rebuffed by Brighton.

“I am delighted to get him in,” he said. “It is somebody we have known of for a little bit. Now it has happened and the rest is up to himself.”

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Am I the only Albion fan that finds this all too bitter/sweet? I agree with all the positive comments made in support of Elliot (and the fact that he waited until the end of the season) - and I really do appreciate his wish to get to the top. I am just not generous enough to wish him so well that he doesn't regret leaving us.....

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hopefully,he will return as Naaarich head back to League 1!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why, as a Brighton fan, would you want to watch this? It's like kicking yourself in the balls. I'll only be able to watch Bennett again and be happy about it when we have someone proved to replace him that I can focus my affection on.

It's like when your girlfriend dumps you, and you get a kick in the gut everytime you see her out, until you get a new girlfriend.

:down:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Am I the only Albion fan that finds this all too bitter/sweet? I agree with all the positive comments made in support of Elliot (and the fact that he waited until the end of the season) - and I really do appreciate his wish to get to the top. I am just not generous enough to wish him so well that he doesn't regret leaving us.....

Totally agree mate.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Good luck to him, a chance to further his career that we'd all have taken in our professions. Still feel like we could have got a better deal. We paid £1m for Buckley and we've only got £500k more for a player moving to the premiership who was clearly in demand at Norwich. Would have £2.5m Been too much to ask for??

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Happy for him, but that was sad to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here