Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

Wahey! Another thread full of comparisons between football and real life!

?? I didn't see the previous one. The issue is that a football contract is not like a normal employment contract. Or at least not most of them. That's why there's a 'bonus' for signing them, they are fixed length, and there is flexible compensation that can be agreed to break the contract.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
On another note a mate of mine has just called me to say Mandela died last night but they havent released it yet to the general public.... hes in SA by the way

SA is probably a better move for Bennet than Norwich, but the expectations will be enormous. Any chance of us getting Desmond Tutu?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I've heard that it might not actually be Norwich which have turned Bennett's head. As I understand Burnley are wanting to bring him in and Eddie Howe has a large transfer fund.

This same rumour is also being reported in the local Burnley rag. If he does go lets hope a bidding war occurs and we get closer to his value than the £1.2m Norwich are supposedly prepared to pay!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Al, I simply do not accept that we will fall apart If Bennett goes. If we have aspirations to move onward and upwards we should be able to cope with this kind of situation. We are a TEAM and Gus has shown that he can cope with most situations thrown at him. Bennett is currently a key player as the system is designed to use him than other players, I trust Gus to make suitable adjustments to his plans should he need to.

Having said that, the Albion have nothing to gain from accepting Elliot's request at this time, as it is too late to get a properly researched replacement. So i expect them to stand firm and refuse it. If Elliot really wants to be an arse about it then he can just drag his money grabbing hiney out of here and collect his swag. I get the feeling he isn't this sort of player though.

I don't accept it will fall apart either.

But it will lack an edge.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I've heard that it might not actually be Norwich which have turned Bennett's head. As I understand Burnley are wanting to bring him in and Eddie Howe has a large transfer fund.

This same rumour is also being reported in the local Burnley rag. If he does go lets hope a bidding war occurs and we get closer to his value than the £1.2m Norwich are supposedly prepared to pay!

Interesting stuff there Penno. Maybe TB should stick him on ebay, with the bidding finishing at midnight on monday?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He's been tapped up since he signed the contract, not that fuckin difficult is it?

do you know that for a fact ben...did you discuss this with a club official when you did your ST presentation and get a different spin on the original sory...if so, then Yes its NOT THAT f***ing DIFFICULT

No reason to be rude is there?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I don't accept it will fall apart either.

But it will lack an edge.

We won't fall apart for sure, but who do we have to replace him at this moment in time? We can not afford to let him go so late in the transfer window.

This is a strong indication that Norwich or Burnley have turned his head truely and he is going, lets hope not until the summer..... but I can't see this now.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
do you know that for a fact ben...did you discuss this with a club official when you did your ST presentation and get a different spin on the original sory...if so, then Yes its NOT THAT f***ing DIFFICULT

No reason to be rude is there?

Sorry...it's so obvious though. If you've got a "different spin" on it then spill the beans my lover, everybody likes a snitch.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Reject the offer and tell him to stop being a greedy little fcuk!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ban his agent from the training ground, ignore all calls from him and carry on as normal with head in the sand until the 1st Feb and then deal with his agent again. What can go wrong!
He would be a huge loss and any saying replace him with LuaLua obviously can not see the job Bennett does for us, the team is pretty much built around him and the work he does both on and off the ball is huge. Personally think he can do better than Norwich and would do a job at a lower premiership team. Bet Gus is a far from happy man at the moment

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry...it's so obvious though. If you've got a "different spin" on it then spill the beans my lover, everybody likes a snitch.

lol....the discussion referred to the reports about his being tapped up and it was suggested that there have been inquiries made long before this came out ( but I assume that is Agents doing their work).

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
But the Argus would have just got it from the Sun...and the original article was written by a Norwich fan.

When the BBC, ITV and Sky etc run the story then it will be time to get concerned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here