Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
What a slimey little rat Bennett is if true. The interest was made weeks and weeks ago and he could have stuck it in then and not wait until it's nearly impossible to get in a decent replacement.

I respect footballers have short careers but even at lower levels there No loyalty, greed and a sour taste about the modern day footballer.

Hopefully we will get a good price for him, they dont go up and he plays a bit part in their squad.

My new hated team are Norwich, I disliked that scum Lambert when they were giving it the biggun when we played them last season.

Advice to Gus & TB....2 million and no less....lets not be mugged off.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I also believe that Gus has been well aware/prepared for the past week/ten days or so, and wouldnt be suprised to see us make a move in the market if the worst does happen.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3935105 said:
Everyone saying "it's bullshit" etc, can you confirm it's not true then?

Face it, doesn't look good does it.

It doesn't look good, ultimately its a decision for the chairman. It'll be very interesting to see how he play's it, but his decision making has been pretty decent so far.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3935119 said:
Money talks dunnit.

Wow, I MIGHT be a squad player in the Premiership next year :bla: :rolleyes:

Thats where he was before he joined us and at a bigger club than Norwich.

Loyalty ? Hmmm, that works both ways. Ask Whingy for a start. Of course not that anybody would consider leaving his employer if offered more money and more status of course. Can't say I blame him.

Of course it works both ways; but players get paid by the club; I think it's fair to expect at least some degree of loyalty as a result. Bennett only signed a new four-and-a-half year contract about 6 weeks ago, I'm amazed that his head has been so easily turned. FWIW I don't think we will sell him before the end of the window, but he's ruined his relationship with the fans and I expect him to get shipped out in the summer. Very disappointing turn of events.

I don't think the Whing situation is relevant; as I understand it he had at least part of his contract paid up and wanted to leave. It's not as if we told him to naff off and never come back without any financial compensation!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Can't really blame him, although I agree with those who say we could well be on an equal footing with Norwich next season. Reckon his agent's turned his head. But as per the club statement the other week, we don't have to sell, and I'd hope we don't unless it's for silly money. Anything below £1.5m and I'd be seriously disappointed.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Big shame. But as others have said, does not necessarily mean he will be off before Monday. Just hope it's not too big a distraction to the other players.

Maybe we should put in a bid for that Ox-Chamberlain chap?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The club is bigger than Lua Lua & Bennett.

If he leaves to a bigger club, higher in the league then who can blame him?

I will be as gutted as the next supporter if he leaves, however, there is very little loyalty these days.

No. We can say no to his request. If we have enough cash, we can ignore Norwich no matter how much they pay. Elliott's only 22 and worth a great deal more than Norwich are paying and worth a great deal more to us right now. Sorry Elliott - no move until the Summer. Off to training with you.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Everything we do that we do well goes through him. And MOST IMPORTANTLY he has the vision and ability to pick out a pass and set up goals. Have we got players who could replace him? Perhaps, but what we haven't got is a player with the end product to create 20 goals.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Anyone who thinks KLL is the sole answer to the hole Bennett would leave hasn't understood a single thing Gus has been trying to achieve.

KLL performs a different role to Bennett, that much is obvious, but Dicker, Bridcutt, a returning Navarro and Jamie Smith can all do a creative job in the midfield. The acquisition of Noone gives an additional wide outlet as awell as two forward playing full backs.

Don't get me wrong, Elliot leaving would be a blow, but we are not a one man anymore, anyone cacking themselves over this also doesn't understand what Gus has been trying to achieve.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Of course it works both ways; but players get paid by the club; I think it's fair to expect at least some degree of loyalty as a result. Bennett only signed a new four-and-a-half year contract about 6 weeks ago, I'm amazed that his head has been so easily turned. FWIW I don't think we will sell him before the end of the window, but he's ruined his relationship with the fans and I expect him to get shipped out in the summer. Very disappointing turn of events.

I don't think the Whing situation is relevant; as I understand it he had at least part of his contract paid up and wanted to leave. It's not as if we told him to naff off and never come back without any financial compensation!

As I said, you'd stay in your current job and turn down more money and a better position ? More fool you if you did.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Oh well - Let's all hope that Norwich's big push fails miserably and as a result they become horribly in debt and have to sell him back to us for half the price when we're 20 places above them in the Championship next season.

I believe in Brighton's potential even if Elliot suddenly doesn't.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The bit that's a particular bonus is, that he's left it so late in the day, we've already missed possible replacements like Harley! Nice One :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here