Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electric Ballroom in Camden

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Last time I went on a Saturday, about two years ago, it was a lot more glittery and bleepy than I'd expected and remembered from previous scruffy indie visits.

E

enigma

I'm going to Shake, music looks ok, nothing more.

Is it more a early twenties or late twenties and thirties kind of place?

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I love it there!

But the great thing about Camden is there's something for everyone so if you don't like it then you can always go somewhere else.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
The Face said:
I love it there!

But the great thing about Camden is there's something for everyone so if you don't like it then you can always go somewhere else.

Well said, that man. Used to be a Good Mixer man, as one of those trying-too-hard Britpoppy teens of the 90s, now enjoying the rather lovely vibe - and busty substances sights - of the Hawley Arms. Just so long as you keep well out of the way of unfunny Boosh muppet Noel Fielding holding court in the ladies' toilets. :nono:

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Another reason I like it so much is because I saw The Rifles there last year and it was probably the best gig I've ever been to.

Also met Joel the lead singer as well as Tim Lovejoy and rather randomly Steve Lomas ha!

I heard they're knocking it down some time soon as well which is a right shame - its one of my favourite places in London.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Blimey NMH, that is a good list of bands, must have been around the mid to late 80's.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
NMH said:
I've seen Monochrome Set, A Certain Ratio, DAF, Joy Division, Wire, and Scritti Politti there....a while ago

I think I may have been at that DAF gig... :clap2:

Also saw Stiff Little Fingers there in early 79, supported by The Normal (was filmed by Thames TV for a South Bank Show about Rough Trade records), and the Ruts about a year later, just before Malcolm Owen died.

I sure I went there more times than that, but can't remember the others (it was my late teens, so copious alcohol would have clouded the memories...).

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
Its brilliant. I love it there. I went there last month for my birthday.

Make sure u go on a Saturday though!!

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
You may want to check that its still open. I heard a rumour a few weeks back it was meant to be closing due to some works being done at Camden Town station. I haven't been since I heard this but worth checking. Saying that it has meant to be closing down for ages.

As for what its like, it has good nights and bad nights. Downstairs is mainly 70/80/90s pop, cheesy stuff a general mixture. Upstairs is the chav room with all the RnB and garage music. Where all the slappers go basically.

P.s pretty easy to pull there.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here