Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

election / printing

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I'm thinking of standing in the election for no better reason than so I can vote for myself (as I don't like any of the other candidates/parties). Apparently the council will hand-deliver a leaflet to every door in the constituency (Brighton Kemptown) but I make that about 30,000 leaflets. Where the hell can I get that amount printed up DIRT CHEAP? Not bothered if it's just scrappy black & white A5 but it needs to be v v cheap. Anyone know any friendly printers in the Sussex area? Ta x

sleepynick

Sep 1, 2004
Saigon, Vietnam
You do realise you will have to pay a deposit of £500 which you will only get back if by some miracle you manage to get over 8.3% of the vote!

so you can kiss goodbye to that £500

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I know, but it's worth it just for the hell of it. My target is 25 votes.
I think the printing is going to cost more than £500 and that's what I'm more worried about.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
sleepynick said:
You do realise you will have to pay a deposit of £500 which you will only get back if by some miracle you manage to get over 8.3% of the vote!

so you can kiss goodbye to that £500

Typical elitist electoral system. Piss on the little man.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Rangdo said:
Typical elitist electoral system. Piss on the little man.

Yeah, it has always seemed a bit unfair lay such a heavy price on standing. It has to be something to prevent every idiot putting their name forward, so a hundred nicker seems fair. Or even better, one hundred pairs of knickers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here