Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Election Bad News

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I just saw Peter Snow's name on the BBC website. Why ? He is a tosser of the highest order. Does that mean he will have his son alongside him in the most transparent piece of media nepotism since .......... well take your pick - starting with the Dimbleby's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very harsh.

Snow is all part of election night. And, let's face it, he will give a bit of colour to an otherwise drab, predictable evening...

P.S: Jon Snow, I believe...

Dick Knights Mum said:
unlike all the other people in the world who have history degrees in the subject and don't have a father inthe game .......

A very strange, personal attack. Of course there is some nepotism. But selling an idea of a programme about famous battle needs a hook. So Peter Snow is chosen along with his son Dan who is a military historian. So what? It proved a popular programme. Do you know of queues of other military historians disappointed because they weren't chosen? Maybe he has inherited his father's presenting skills.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The Great Cornholio said:
A very strange, personal attack. Of course there is some nepotism. But selling an idea of a programme about famous battle needs a hook. So Peter Snow is chosen along with his son Dan who is a military historian. So what? It proved a popular programme. Do you know of queues of other military historians disappointed because they weren't chosen? Maybe he has inherited his father's presenting skills.

Why strange ? There is too much nepotism in the media - the list is almost endless - Victoria Coren has a column in the Observer - and for every act of nepotism another person without the contacts takes a step back.

And I don't like Peter Snow as he appears to glory in war without an apparent thought for its human consequences.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Jobs for the boys and inner circles go on in every walk of life, even NSC.

It's human nature man :smokin:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Would you like your Brain surgeon to have got the job from his Father?

Any kind of non-merit based preferencial treatment is wrong.

Dick Knights Mum said:
Why strange ? There is too much nepotism in the media - the list is almost endless - Victoria Coren has a column in the Observer - and for every act of nepotism another person without the contacts takes a step back.

And I don't like Peter Snow as he appears to glory in war without an apparent thought for its human consequences.

Strange because you have picked an example whereby the son has the skills needed. Maybe if you mentioned Camilla's daughter or Martin Daniels, I would have agreed.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Great Cornholio said:
Strange because you have picked an example whereby the son has the skills needed. Maybe if you mentioned Camilla's daughter or Martin Daniels, I would have agreed.

Good point. Can i throw in Barry Van Dyke please?
Diagnosis: Cockhead.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There's two separate arguments being discussed here:

1. Whether Peter Snow's son got his job through nepotistic means
2. Whether he is any good at his job as a presenter

Seeing as it's highly possible he got his chance to present through his father's work, one could argue nepotism. (But wasn't it often the working tradition that the son followed his father into his place of work?)

However, if Peter Snow's son is a good presenter, and he's there on merit, what's the problem? If he's not any good, that's a different argument altogether innit?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bring on the Paxman. He gives Politicians some right stick as this it the one day when they are really put on the spot and he ties them up in knots.

When you are in power you can say (and arguably do) whatever you like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here