Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elder Scores in his Debut

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Fantastic Debut By The Great Man By All Accounts On Saturday. The Own Goal Could Have Happened To Anyone And Nathan Being Nathan Was The Big Man, Stood Up To Be Counted And Won The Game.

That Takes Real Courage. Something BHA And The People On NSC Don't Seem To Have.

I Wasn't At Withdean On Saturday (new Job Miles And Miles Away Means I Probably Won't Get To See Too Much Of The Albion In The Foreseeable Future) And Understand That The £300k Wonderkid Did Well Too. Shame Dick Didn't Save The Money And Bung A Few Extra Quid To Hammond.

Don't Worry Though. I'm Not Leaving Nsc Anytime Yet And Will Be Back To Remind All You Bullies Who Doubted Nathan Of His Future Successes.

Great Performance By My Main Man, Nathan. I Always Had Faith In You.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Fantastic Debut By The Great Man By All Accounts On Saturday. The Own Goal Could Have Happened To Anyone And Nathan Being Nathan Was The Big Man, Stood Up To Be Counted And Won The Game.

That Takes Real Courage. Something BHA And The People On NSC Don't Seem To Have.

I Wasn't At Withdean On Saturday (new Job Miles And Miles Away Means I Probably Won't Get To See Too Much Of The Albion In The Foreseeable Future) And Understand That The £300k Wonderkid Did Well Too. Shame Dick Didn't Save The Money And Bung A Few Extra Quid To Hammond.

Don't Worry Though. I'm Not Leaving Nsc Anytime Yet And Will Be Back To Remind All You Bullies Who Doubted Nathan Of His Future Successes.

Great Performance By My Main Man, Nathan. I Always Had Faith In You.

Are you hist best mate or something ???

Seriously.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yep, dont think he really got a fair crack of the whip. I have a funny feeling he will be playing in the championship before we do.

You really think that?

I don't think he'll ever play in the Championship. Best of luck to the guy but he's found his level at league 2.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
What The f*** Has Me Either Knowing Or Not Knowing Him Got To Do With Knowing A Real Talent When You See It?

There's no need to swear really is there, but if he had a real talent, then how come a team in the same league, or albeit even in a higher league didn't see it, or even us for that matter ???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I Find It Funny When People Type Like This. Are Capitals At The Start Of Every Word Really Neccisary? I'm Finding It Really Annoying - And It Takes Ages.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You really think that?

I don't think he'll ever play in the Championship. Best of luck to the guy but he's found his level at league 2.

Yes I do. Always looked good when playing in the reserves, just need to refine some of the finer points of his game. Good finisher, quick and strong. Just needed a few games in the first team to adjust to the pace of league 1 football.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Find It Funny When People Type Like This. Are Capitals At The Start Of Every Word Really Neccisary? I'm Finding It Really Annoying - And It Takes Ages.

And I Find It Annoying When The Usual Bullying About How I Type Gets Trotted Out. If You Don't Like Typing Like That Then Don't Do It. Simple.

Personally, I Find Bad Spelling Really Annoying. It's Spelt Necessary.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
And I Find It Annoying When The Usual Bullying About How I Type Gets Trotted Out. If You Don't Like Typing Like That Then Don't Do It. Simple.

Personally, I Find Bad Spelling Really Annoying. It's Spelt Necessary.

Thanks for the correct spelling! I'll try not to do it in future.. and I'm so sorry about 'bullying' you. I imagine a deeply personal comment about the way you type must be really hurtful.

Perhaps you could set up a campaign to get a Nathan Elder statue at Falmer?

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
I felt that Elder needed first team football and we couldn't guarantee him that. His formative years were spent playing non-league football and it would not have been much use sending him out to one of our affiliates. A wise decision for the player and the club.

Good luck and godspeed to Mr Elder.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yes I do. Always looked good when playing in the reserves, just need to refine some of the finer points of his game. Good finisher, quick and strong. Just needed a few games in the first team to adjust to the pace of league 1 football.

See for me I get what your saying but I just don't think he could be polished. He seemed like a useful center forward in the lower leagues but never really capable at our level because he just wasn't skillful enough. I thought he relied on his physical presence and his work rate - which are both good qualities - but redundant without any skill to back it up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Finer points? Finer points like being able to control the ball or kick it into an empty net from 3 yards?

Seriously Chris, Bars Mars is a mentalist - I'm surprised at you.

*Note, I don't think that Elder is a completely lost cause, which is why I've asked Insider if there was any 'sell-on' involved, just in case!

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
IMO league 1 was defo to good for him but maybe he will do well in league 1 to gain experiance then maybe in the future he will be good enough for league 1. Dont reckon we will regret letting him go though:falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here