Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elbow

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
While we are talking about Jools holland I think Katie Perry deserves a mention. Really annoying song but :drool:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
yep all of elbows albums are class. Cracking live band and that grounds for divorce is one of the best songs of the last ten years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Elbow are quality and I don't listen to them as often as I should. Then each time I do, I remember why they're so good.

Seen them twice live. Very good.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Got the albums, I agree they are the best band around at the moment

Just feel that the new album does not quite reach the quality of the old ones. Somehow sounds more commercial (hence the extra radio air-play and TV appearances I guess) but a tad less challenging.

Anyone agree or am I talking bollox?:lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
It's more accessible for sure, but then 'Leaders of the Free World' was singalong in places too.

Oh, and 'Tower Crane Driver' isn't exactly commercial.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Never heard of them until they won that award the other week. Even then, had no idea who they were until I saw them on Jools Holland last week. That closing number was real good.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Got the albums, I agree they are the best band around at the moment

Just feel that the new album does not quite reach the quality of the old ones. Somehow sounds more commercial (hence the extra radio air-play and TV appearances I guess) but a tad less challenging.

Anyone agree or am I talking bollox?:lolol:

Yeah i agree with you to a certain extent. I love the other albums and bought the new one as soon as it came out; ended up a little disappointed. Its still miles better than a lot of other stuff out there though.

Can't quite put my finger on why i'm not so enthusiastic about the new one. I don't really feel that its necessarily more comercial; in fact possibly on the contrary i felt that the album is lacking the big emotional hook of, say, 'Powder Blue' off of Asleep in the Back (which still blows me away every time i listen to it).

Anyway, anyone looking at this thread wondering whether or not to give Elbow a try- don't let my ramblings put you off. They're FOOKIN great. And perhaps the new album is a good place to start :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Bought The Seldom Seen Kid after a recommendation on NSC. Superb - buy it.

Couple of classy tracks from the album are "Weather to Fly" and "One Day Like This". Give them a try Freddie G.

[yt]uqx4o6QyywU[/yt]

[yt]hooPU2mdsH4[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here