Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Turi

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Speaking to someone this morning who once graced this board got me thinking.

El Turi was seen as many as a signing made by Dick Knight - Could one of the reasons Knight backed Mcghee was because Mcghee didnt blame Knight for wasting what has turned out to be a decent amount of money that could have been spent on a loan striker much much earlier?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
This one's definitely got a weird smell about it. If he was indeed injured for most of last season, why, when he could get fit over the summer, has he been released before being given the opportunity to show what he's capable of? Have they seen nothing in a year's training to suggest he could do the job? If that's the case, on what basis was he signed?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would say that is a very plausible explanation.

It helps DK out of a hole in signing a player over the managers head. It helps MM out of a hole for being responsible for our relegation.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
BarrelofFun said:
He looked fairly decent when I saw him play.

You saw him play? Wow. I thought he was a myth.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
must go down alongside the Kitson's , Molango's. The fact we blew 150k on him and then the same season struggled to score goals really is shocking

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhafc99 said:
You saw him play? Wow. I thought he was a myth.

:lolol: In the reserves and he seemed to have a good shot on him. I guess it may have been more wishful thinking, having a striker that has scored against River Plate. Not many teams can say that :lol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
That's remind me, nothing has been mentioned about Molango. Assume he is still going to be here next season unless we can ship him out on loan again? Anyone heard anything about him coming back/being released/turning into a footballer?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
i cant remember which game it was at the withdean probably just under half way through the season he got about 30/35 minutes, god he was poor

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
That's remind me, nothing has been mentioned about Molango. Assume he is still going to be here next season unless we can ship him out on loan again? Anyone heard anything about him coming back/being released/turning into a footballer?

Surely Molango would have been released with the others if he was definately leaving. Pehaps McGhee might take a look at him in the Summer?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
bew4194 said:
Surely Molango would have been released with the others if he was definately leaving. Pehaps McGhee might take a look at him in the Summer?

perhaps they've forgotten about him?

nothing about this club would surprise me

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Molango's a funny one - I thought he looked like a decent player when he first came, remember how coolly he took that chance at Reading? After that though, he did very little, and followed that up with an evidently uninspiring loan spell at Lincoln, during which he was given plenty of opportunities to show what he could do.

Maybe he's just not cut out for English football. I'd love to know how many times he's scored, and from how many games, in a different league.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Herne Hill Seagull said:
and followed that up with an evidently uninspiring loan spell at Lincoln, during which he was given plenty of opportunities to show what he could do.

Is 5 apperances and 5 sub appearances realy plenty of opportunities to show what he could do at Lincoln?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
Molango coming back!?! :clap2: :clap2:

That's fantastic news, ohhhh how I have missed the legend!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

Worth the admission fee himself!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Kinky Gerbils said:
Speaking to someone this morning who once graced this board got me thinking.

El Turi was seen as many as a signing made by Dick Knight - Could one of the reasons Knight backed Mcghee was because Mcghee didnt blame Knight for wasting what has turned out to be a decent amount of money that could have been spent on a loan striker much much earlier?

As your hero Im allowing you to have this opinion.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Is 5 apperances and 5 sub appearances realy plenty of opportunities to show what he could do at Lincoln?

Plus two league cup starts, one FA Cup sub and one LDV sub appearance. He started at first, then he was dropped to the bench, then dropped altogether - a steady progression backwards. And I wasn't merely talking about the games he played - it's not just what happens during matches, is it? Some people seem to think that's all that happens, that clubs somehow don't exist on non-matchdays. I was referring also to the comments made about him during the season on Lincoln's official site which seemed to imply they were frustrated with him.

When he scored an apparently excellent goal in their game against Crewe in the League Cup, a game they won 5-1, Alexander said that 'he'd shown everybody what we all know he's capable of' on their website. This suggests that perhaps attitude is the problem, in which case 14 appearances represents a reasonable chance to show the manager you mean business, given that he'll also see him every day in training.

I'm not even sure he saw out the full season there as planned, did he? That doesn't seem to imply that he did enough to give Alexander a reason to keep him there.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Plus two league cup starts, one FA Cup sub and one LDV sub appearance. He started at first, then he was dropped to the bench, then dropped altogether - a steady progression backwards. And I wasn't merely talking about the games he played - it's not just what happens during matches, is it? Some people seem to think that's all that happens, that clubs somehow don't exist on non-matchdays. I was referring also to the comments made about him during the season on Lincoln's official site which seemed to imply they were frustrated with him.

When he scored an apparently excellent goal in their game against Crewe in the League Cup, a game they won 5-1, Alexander said that 'he'd shown everybody what we all know he's capable of' on their website. This suggests that perhaps attitude is the problem, in which case 14 appearances represents a reasonable chance to show the manager you mean business, given that he'll also see him every day in training.

I'm not even sure he saw out the full season there as planned, did he? That doesn't seem to imply that he did enough to give Alexander a reason to keep him there.

I know that it isn't just about match days, however a player can look brilliant in training but can just not cut it on match days, and at the end of the day it's only what you do in the match that is going to be remembered. However seeing as he only played a few games for them he must have been quite shocking. The only thing i was questioning was, with so few apperances did he really get plenty of chances to prove what he could, or in this case, couldn't do.

Molango didn't see out the season with Lincoln, he went over to Spain for the second half of the season, so I am guessing he didn't impress the Lincoln manager well enough to keep him for the full season, and it's not going to matter now anyway as Lincoln and Alexander have parted company.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here