Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el turi scores hat trick for reserves

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Silent Bob said:
How come Dean Cox played when he is on work experience at Eastbourne?

I think that's the subtle difference between loans and work experience - with the latter he can play for Easbourne's firsts and also our reserves. Or at least I remember reading something along those lines in a programme a while ago when we sent a few kids out last season similarly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Argie must at least be on the bench on saturday after getting a hat trick. If the mighty midgets dont do the business , then we can add height to the front line with CKR as well.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think Dean White must have given him a rollocking following his last reserve performance. Yorkie and Ned went to the match and said that he just stood there and watched and never moved a muscle when a chance came his way. This sounds like a considerable improvement.:clap:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
samparish said:
I think that's the subtle difference between loans and work experience - with the latter he can play for Easbourne's firsts and also our reserves. Or at least I remember reading something along those lines in a programme a while ago when we sent a few kids out last season similarly.

Yes.

Lots of our players are on work experience but can still turn out for the reserves: Lynch, Elphick, Cox, Carey, Sullivan....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We're the Stripes said:
Quote: "People were too quick to judge Turienzo"

Maybe so. Having decided he just wasn't up to it after viewing his less than impressive showing in the Reserves v Luton, I'm more than happy to eat my words if he proves his worth.
Sticking goals away at Reserve level will only increase his chances of getting onto the bench, which has to be his next target. And there were times against Wednesday last night when we really needed some height up front. CKR got us out of jail, and all credit to the lad, but having Turienzo staking a claim will only sharpen up the pocket rockets and give MM more options to play it canny.

I'm glad you posted that so that people don't think it is just my opinion that Turienzo wasn't much good in the Luton reserves game. :dunce:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
He was rubbish v Luton but I hope he comes good as we really need some height up front.

Maybe McPhee will be given a chance, but the way things are going it won't be long before it might actually beneficial to have McCammon back.*

*I can't believe I said that.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
fatboy said:
He was rubbish v Luton but I hope he comes good as we really need some height up front.

Maybe McPhee will be given a chance, but the way things are going it won't be long before it might actually beneficial to have McCammon back.*

*I can't believe I said that.

JUDAS!!!

Burn him!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
fatboy said:
..... as we really need some height up front.

One of the most disappointing aspects of last nights game was the failure to find a Brighton head with our corners and free kicks

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yorkie said:
I'm glad you posted that so that people don't think it is just my opinion that Turienzo wasn't much good in the Luton reserves game. :dunce:
I also said he was pants in the Luton game, but i don't mind having to eat a slice of humble pie..........

I like pie.....:clap2: :clap2:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
sams dad said:
One of the most disappointing aspects of last nights game was the failure to find a Brighton head with our corners and free kicks

Our set pieces were diabolical.

We don't have a left footer in the team, meaning Carole takes outswinging corners which are not very effective.

1066gull

To good for the reserves? Not good enough for a first team spot?

Piggy in the middle!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fatboy said:
Our set pieces were diabolical.

We don't have a left footer in the team, meaning Carole takes outswinging corners which are not very effective.
Frutos?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe he should. From the few crosses I've seen him make he looks to have a pretty sweet left foot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here