Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el turi scores hat trick for reserves

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Excellent news. I have a feeling that we may see the best of him soon....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Brighton proved to be too troublesome an opponent and raced into a 2-1 lead at half time after going a goal down.
Scott Donnelly had given the Superhoops the lead after his darting run through the middle of the park left him well placed in front of goal.
<P>Despite his team mates screaming for the ball, Donnelly kept his cool to add the finishing touch and fire past Alan Blayney.</P>
<P>The game could have had a very different outcome had Shabazz Baidoo's goal just moments later not been disallowed for handball, but as it was the game turned on its head.</P>
<P>Federico Turienzo levelled proceedings when his header clattered against the corner of the upright and fell beyond Jake Cole's goal line.</P>
<P>Turienzo then doubled his tally before the break, smacking the ball home past a hapless Cole who tried in vain to fling his body in front of the ball.</P>
<P>The second half began at a more subdued pace, but it wasn't long before Brighton took a hold of the game.</P>
<P>Albert Jarrett scored the goal of the game when his 25 yarder flew past Cole to give the young stopper no chance.</P>
<P>It was number four for the Seagulls soon after when Chris McPhee planted a diving header into the back of the Rangers net.</P>
<P>Brighton were running riot now and added a fifth with the clock ticking down.</P>
<P>Ugo Ukah grabbed a late strike when he hooked the ball into the Brighton net, but it was never going to be anything more than a consolation.</P>
<P>Despite the scoreline, there were plenty of positives for Gary Waddock's men.</P>
<P>Matthew Hislop came through a full 90 minutes unscathed in his first outing since his injury up at Leicester.</P>
<P>There were also 90 minute outings from Stefan Moore, Aaron Brown and Richard Langley - who twice tested the Brighton keeper with his set piece skills.</P>
<P><STRONG>Rangers</STRONG>: Cole, Ukah, Hislop, Bailey (Jones), Shimmin, Johnson, Donnelly, Langley, Baidoo, Moore, Brown<BR><STRONG>Subs</STRONG>: Thomas, Munday, Yelland<BR><STRONG>Scorers</STRONG>: Donnelly, Ukah</P>

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dwayniepoos

where did you cut and paste that from...?

It keeps saying <strong>on it at random places

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
dave the gaffer said:
Dwayniepoos

where did you cut and paste that from...?

It keeps saying <strong>on it at random places

he obviously took the HTML code, from the official site maybe, and didn't edit it out.

Grendel said:
The Albion website says Mayo scored, not Jarrett.

Who-hoo :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bandwagon for Kerry anyone? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
delighted that turi got a few. i think he only had one prior to that. and the way dwayne's summary puts it across makes out that they were pretty clinical finishes which is good. hopefully he will start to figure in some shape or form soon enough:goal:

E

enigma

People were too quick to judge Turienzo. Let's not forget he's new to playing in England (and Europe as well if I'm not mistaken). Given time he could be a good player, all he needs is a bit more match practice to get fully fit and then we can judge him properly.

KEEP THE FAITH

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
enigma said:
People were too quick to judge Turienzo. Let's not forget he's new to playing in England (and Europe as well if I'm not mistaken). Given time he could be a good player, all he needs is a bit more match practice to get fully fit and then we can judge him properly.

KEEP THE FAITH

Hope so. Could do with an effective out and out striker to make use of the chances we are creating.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lawro's Lip said:
Hope so. Could do with an effective out and out striker to make use of the chances we are creating.

his career record suggests he's not that man, but he could add a bit of needed height upfront

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Quote: "People were too quick to judge Turienzo"

Maybe so. Having decided he just wasn't up to it after viewing his less than impressive showing in the Reserves v Luton, I'm more than happy to eat my words if he proves his worth.
Sticking goals away at Reserve level will only increase his chances of getting onto the bench, which has to be his next target. And there were times against Wednesday last night when we really needed some height up front. CKR got us out of jail, and all credit to the lad, but having Turienzo staking a claim will only sharpen up the pocket rockets and give MM more options to play it canny.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
enigma said:

KEEP THE FAITH
Absolutely. :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How come Dean Cox played when he is on work experience at Eastbourne?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here