Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
today you could say the same to all that wore the shirt,isnt that a dreadful thing to say,but true

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A carlisle fan said that about About El Abd the other week.He does look shocking at the moment.Mind you so does Mayo but we know that already.Carpenter was shit again today

Last edited:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
El-Abd played as bad as i've seen a Brighton player play today. Absolutely shocking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe move him to right -back/sub for a bit. Too much of a liability at Centre half at the minute. However there were another 10, today who weren't a lot better. Surprised Butters was substituted today and not El-Abd though.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
One Teddy Maybank said:
Maybe move him to right -back/sub for a bit. Too much of a liability at Centre half at the minute. However there were another 10, today who weren't a lot better. Surprised Butters was substituted today and not El-Abd though.

Think tank was just shattered, cant be match fit yet can he?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
chez said:
How is it that this guy is playing in the third tier of English football. Absolutley awful player.

this is a player considered one of our best for the last season? now he's utter crap on the basis of one game? in a poorly performing team that has lost its way?

problem is not with individual players, its with the poor management, tactics and board that wont/cant invest.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: El Abd

beorhthelm said:
this is a player considered one of our best for the last season? now he's utter crap on the basis of one game? in a poorly performing team that has lost its way?

problem is not with individual players, its with the poor management, tactics and board that wont/cant invest.

It is not one game though is it. He has been out of sorts for a while now. Don't think he would be in the 1st team if it was not for injuries.

Re: Re: El Abd

beorhthelm said:

He has a number of bad games this season not just one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
point remains, he is not a "bad player", he is part of a bad team with bad managment. the fact that he consitantly gets picked after substandard performances proves this point well. the op suggest he's not good enough for this level which simply isnt true. no point singleing out individual players the way things are.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
beorhthelm said:
point remains, he is not a "bad player", he is part of a bad team with bad managment. the fact that he consitantly gets picked after substandard performances proves this point well.

It proves that we have o depth to our squad and that is the only thing it proves:p

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He was all over the place today, his positioning was dire.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is bizarre isn't it, not long ago we were hailing Adam El-Abd as a future Brighton captain, one of the best defenders the club has produced, a legend in the making. I have a horrible suspicion that he will become the next player to leave the club after being constantly slated by a bunch of wankers who largely have very little clue about football. My opinion of him has not changed, he has hit a bad vein of form, that needs to be addressed quickly even if it means a spell in the reserves. In our position we need our quality players at their best, I include Adam in that group, the sooner he is back to playing at the level we all know he is capable the better for the Albion.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Gully said:
It is bizarre isn't it, not long ago we were hailing Adam El-Abd as a future Brighton captain, one of the best defenders the club has produced, a legend in the making. I have a horrible suspicion that he will become the next player to leave the club after being constantly slated by a bunch of wankers who largely have very little clue about football. My opinion of him has not changed, he has hit a bad vein of form, that needs to be addressed quickly even if it means a spell in the reserves. In our position we need our quality players at their best, I include Adam in that group, the sooner he is back to playing at the level we all know he is capable the better for the Albion.

Very true.

But you can't defend his performance today. Just seen the goals again on Sky Sports news. He appered to be at fault or involved for all 3 of them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am surprised about El-Abd's fall from grace. He looked a very decent player last season, but that form seems to have abandoned him entirely. We do need a spine to the team, to ease some of the extra pressure these guys find themselves under....

Form is temporary though and I fully expect him to fight back.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He has lost his confidence almost completely, he is not a bad player, he impressed me the first time that I saw him play. Ironically I think that it will take the return of Oatway to bring him back to his best, another give it everything player in the team to make him pull his socks up and get stuck in, we really need it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here