Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I really like El-Abd, he seems to give his all everytime and is a great defender. However his ability on the ball is a bit worrying, he looks very nervous and if it wasn't for this I would say he was Prem material. I remember reading that Steve Cotterill had a similar problem with Mo Camara (a powerful defender whose footballing ability wasn't up to scratch) so made him practice his crossing a ridiculous amount after training. Apparently this seemed to work and his play improved. Could the same be done ith El-Abd?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
I really like El-Abd, he seems to give his all everytime and is a great defender. However his ability on the ball is a bit worrying, he looks very nervous and if it wasn't for this I would say he was Prem material. I remember reading that Steve Cotterill had a similar problem with Mo Camara (a powerful defender whose footballing ability wasn't up to scratch) so made him practice his crossing a ridiculous amount after training. Apparently this seemed to work and his play improved. Could the same be done ith El-Abd?

Practicing? Training? This involves coaching and I think we know that Magoo cannot do this!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree with you wholeheartedly about Adam, I think he has amazing potential, what we forget is how young he is. I am sure that the coaching staff are working on the aspects of his game that need attention, I look on him as a work in progress, at the moment he is a bit of a rough diamond, given time I reckon he will be a total gem.

1066gull

gvce26 said:
Or just play him in central defence and drop Butters!! :wave:

I think we should. Why?

Butters is nearing retirement and we need to start to look for a replacement partner ship. How about Hinsh/Butters and El-Abd in the center?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
El abd looks solid every time he plays, he had a shocker against leicester and made the mistake for the first goal at norwich when he should have left butters (i think) to head the ball away. Quality defender though, another one playing brilliantly out of position when he plays at centre half he will be pure class!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Race said:

I know where he sits Racie....HIT IM

BTW I think El Abd is a maniac...anyone else agree. You watch him off the ball...he is mental. Him and Mcshane are both thugs. thank God for Guy and his quiet demeaner:angel:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Re: El-Abd

BensGrandad said:
Don't we employ 2 others to do that. If not coaching why are they being paid?

Our set pieces were absolute WANK at norwich, the taker just tosses the ball into the box, theres appears to be no planning to it all! Have we scored from a set piece since butters scored at watford?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I believe Wilkins can coach a decent set piece.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
El Abd is proving to be a good defender. It's a shame he doesn't really offer a lot going forward because I also believe he could cut it in the top flight defensively, given a few more years.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dies Irae said:

BTW I think El Abd is a maniac...anyone else agree. You watch him off the ball...he is mental. Him and Mcshane are both thugs.

I think thats what's known in the industry as being ultra competetive!! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here