Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd, top boy.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some people think that because he's a skinhead and looks like a tough lad, that he's a 'dirty' player. The marker's reactions always appear to underline it too - but he simply just reminds them he's there, is successful in the tackle, and makes it doubly hard for them to achieve anything on the pitch.
They must be frustrated knowing that they are going to spend a whole match getting nowhere, and be made to look average by a lad they haven't seen written up linked with the Uniteds and the Citys and the Spurs etc.
"who is this guy and why can I, with all my highly rated silky skills, not get any change out of him ffs??!"

They then resort to "I think I'd better try upsetting his temperament, maybe crock him if I can get a foot in over the top" and there you have it.
Sadly though, he has been crocked and he does take a few hits. To his humongous credit though, he just gets on with keeping them from doing what they want on the pitch.

You really WANT Adam el-Abd in your team - fact.
I've been saying this for years, and it's more recently that it's dawned on some people. Well done, if it's dawned on you!

Spot on, my 8 year old plays for his under 9's team very much in the El-Abd mould - apart from the shaved head :lol:, has El-Abd 6 on the back of his away shirt and wears the number 6 for his team with pride

the bloke is a monster, hewas played out of position by maghee and slade and possibly adams( can't be bothered to look it up )but he has definitely matured asa player and can hold his own in the championship.......top bloke , local bloke , fuvcing legend....:thumbsup:

He was often played into difficulty by his fellow defenders, by them going missing or adopting responsibilities they couldn't manage (and thereby he'd have to try tidying up), played suicidal passes, or left alone to face an oncoming 3 attacker breakaway after a crap Albion corner.
Not to mention the weak part of FDM was often his communication.

He rarely lost the man he was marking or got bamboozled by anyone.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Its a SHAME El Abd wasnt there at THAT game in September.

If he was I doubt we would have lost in the "manner" that we did.

Yep spot on. Would have made a huge difference. Brighton to his core and would have fought tooth and nail for the cause.

Really important player for us now.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I have real love for this monster of a man. Each game this season he seems to be getting better and better. I'd rate him as our best defender, yes above Greer and Dunk. His old skool attitude has won me over.

Anyone at the match last night would of seen him owning Zaha. On two occasions he did some cheeky off the ball incidents to the poor lad to let him know who's boss.

He was my man of the match last night for keeping out Zaha down our left hand side. I had total confidence in El-Abd each time Zaha had the ball.

He commitment sets an example that any player should have for their club. I was a little disappointed he was not named captain during Greers suspension. Calderon seems a little sheepish, not a leader.

Anyway if my love for El-Abd grows much more, I might let him bang my partner.

I taught him to Drive :) (I know that's irrelevant !) But I think a big part of our improved results are down to his return.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Who is the Adam el-Abd you all speak of? Is he the same bloke as Hadam Hell-Hab they kept talking about on the wireless last night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here