Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd, top boy.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I have real love for this monster of a man. Each game this season he seems to be getting better and better. I'd rate him as our best defender, yes above Greer and Dunk. His old skool attitude has won me over.

Anyone at the match last night would of seen him owning Zaha. On two occasions he did some cheeky off the ball incidents to the poor lad to let him know who's boss.

He was my man of the match last night for keeping out Zaha down our left hand side. I had total confidence in El-Abd each time Zaha had the ball.

He commitment sets an example that any player should have for their club. I was a little disappointed he was not named captain during Greers suspension. Calderon seems a little sheepish, not a leader.

Anyway if my love for El-Abd grows much more, I might let him bang my partner.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I have real love for this monster of a man. Each game this season he seems to be getting better and better. I'd rate him as our best defender, yes above Greer and Dunk. His old skool attitude has won me over.

Anyone at the match last night would of seen him owning Zaha. On two occasions he did some cheeky off the ball incidents to the poor lad to let him know who's boss.

He was my man of the match last night for keeping out Zaha down our left hand side. I had total confidence in El-Abd each time Zaha had the ball.

He commitment sets an example that any player should have for their club. I was a little disappointed he was not named captain during Greers suspension. Calderon seems a little sheepish, not a leader.

He was excellent, but one of the reasons he got so much joy was cos Bridcutt or Buckley helped him double up on Zaha every time, forcing him inside...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Man-marked international class Ben Arfa successfully, and although lacking fitness at the time ... did a great job on Lambert.

Like the Terminator, keeps getting up from revenge knocks in games.

Really upped his game several notches in the Poyet era, when he could have let his natural skills deficiency get to him when classy Gus & Tano arrived.

Local lad & Albion to the core.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I though Zaha got the better of him on more than 1 occasion to be honest.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
I thought he was quality last night against Zaha, who didn't really get much of a sniff.

I remember I took my son to a Junior Seagulls thing at the King Alfred about 5 years ago and AEA was there and was a total top guy with the kids. He was also in the gym all this summer getting fit again and always made time to chat to people about the club, his injury etc. Top bloke and in years to come we'll talk about him as an all time Club legend in my view.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I remember him getting slagged to death on here back in the Slade era, nice that he's turned that around, and the Ashley Barnes bashing has eased somewhat too recently

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I watched from one of the boxes in the sainsburys end, and there was a bloke up there screaming at El Abd "No 6, he's making you look like a mug!". I think he though Zaha was getting the better of El Abd.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He was emense last night as was Bridcutt, great to have Adam back, like a new signing. Wonder where he will play soon with left and right backs having two specalists competing for places. Can see why we had to let Cook go.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I would say he's been better than ever since coming back this season. He has an amazing ability to wind up the opposition while never losing his discipline. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against as a defender. At the same time he's super strong in the air and on the deck. A couple of the balls he played forward to Buckley in the Newcastle game were top draw.

Being a Brighton lad too makes him my fave Albion player.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a SHAME El Abd wasnt there at THAT game in September.

If he was I doubt we would have lost in the "manner" that we did.

I've always maintained he'd make an excellent captain, but I don't think he actually enjoys it so much.
If that's the case, then let him be the decider on whether that's for the best.

As for your partner - I don't know if you have seen Adam's missus, but I think yours would have to be astounding to get any sensible man to look away!
Certainly one of the best sights among the crowds, and the Withdean WAGs I can tell you

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the bloke is a monster, hewas played out of position by maghee and slade and possibly adams( can't be bothered to look it up )but he has definitely matured asa player and can hold his own in the championship.......top bloke , local bloke , fuvcing legend....:thumbsup:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

I saw both these incidents and had a little chuckle to myself especially the one where the ref wasn't looking so he grabbed Zaha by the back of the collar and pulled him to the ground. The lino flagged and gave us a free-kick. Haha. Zaha has pace and plenty of skills in his locker and El-Abd was more than up to the task of taking him on and getting the better of him.

Also against Newcastle watching him wind up Best was very amusing. The man is a beast!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've always maintained he'd make an excellent captain, but I don't think he actually enjoys it so much.
If that's the case, then let him be the decider on whether that's for the best.

As for your partner - I don't know if you have seen Adam's missus, but I think yours would have to be astounding to get any sensible man to look away!
Certainly one of the best sights among the crowds, and the Withdean WAGs I can tell you

sneaky photo then old boy...???

I would say he's been better than ever since coming back this season. He has an amazing ability to wind up the opposition while never losing his discipline. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against as a defender. At the same time he's super strong in the air and on the deck. A couple of the balls he played forward to Buckley in the Newcastle game were top draw.

Being a Brighton lad too makes him my fave Albion player.

Some people think that because he's a skinhead and looks like a tough lad, that he's a 'dirty' player. The marker's reactions always appear to underline it too - but he simply just reminds them he's there, is successful in the tackle, and makes it doubly hard for them to achieve anything on the pitch.
They must be frustrated knowing that they are going to spend a whole match getting nowhere, and be made to look average by a lad they haven't seen written up linked with the Uniteds and the Citys and the Spurs etc.
"who is this guy and why can I, with all my highly rated silky skills, not get any change out of him ffs??!"

They then resort to "I think I'd better try upsetting his temperament, maybe crock him if I can get a foot in over the top" and there you have it.
Sadly though, he has been crocked and he does take a few hits. To his humongous credit though, he just gets on with keeping them from doing what they want on the pitch.

You really WANT Adam el-Abd in your team - fact.
I've been saying this for years, and it's more recently that it's dawned on some people. Well done, if it's dawned on you!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think he is the best defender at the club. So how to pick a back 4 with the two new arrivals? Does Dunk get rested?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
You really WANT Adam el-Abd in your team - fact.
I've been saying this for years, and it's more recently that it's dawned on some people. Well done, if it's dawned on you!

It's not just dawned on me but well done for being so brilliant anyway. :rolleyes:

the bloke is a monster, hewas played out of position by maghee and slade and possibly adams( can't be bothered to look it up )but he has definitely matured asa player and can hold his own in the championship.......top bloke , local bloke , fuvcing legend....:thumbsup:

He was often played into difficulty by his fellow defenders, by them going missing or adopting responsibilities they couldn't manage (and thereby he'd have to try tidying up), played suicidal passes, or left alone to face an oncoming 3 attacker breakaway after a crap Albion corner.
Not to mention the weak part of FDM was often his communication.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here