Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd signs new contract

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Fantastic news, not only for Adam but it means Gus is really starting to get down to the business end of contract negotiations....Dicker, Murray, Bridcutt to follow please!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well deserved and to those who wonder if he will make it in the Championship, have short memories as he has already played at that level.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
Congratulations to Adam and the club for sorting this. Thoroughly deserved.
And I hope Adam enjoys his two match rest and comes back snarling

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Are you sure that he signed it, or got someone else to write his name for him?

He's always come across as quite a bright bloke when I have heard him interviewed. Does he have a reputation as a thickie or is this comment just based on the way he looks. No if you want a guy who sounds a bit slow in an interview - I give you Craig Noone! I'm sure is an intellectual giant, but the accent and slow delivery combine to create the impression of ....... a simple view on life.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Well done Adam. Very much deserved.

I just hope that Poyet does sort out the major business before the end of the season. Bridcutt, Murray and Dicker next please.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I,like a lot on here never used to rate him,but i feel since gus came in,he has improved beyond recognition,and deserves his extention,but feel,if we go up,he will either have to step up again,or will be a squad player,rather than a regular.IMO,bridcutt and murray,are a must,and soon!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to read this thread 18 months ago!.

1 down.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Great news and thoroughly deserved

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
agree,and its nice to see players prove fans wrong!!!!,i wonder if craig davies had stayed he could of done the same

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
He's always come across as quite a bright bloke when I have heard him interviewed. Does he have a reputation as a thickie or is this comment just based on the way he looks. No if you want a guy who sounds a bit slow in an interview - I give you Craig Noone! I'm sure is an intellectual giant, but the accent and slow delivery combine to create the impression of ....... a simple view on life.
Its hard because they could be as intelligent as mr hawkin, but in an interview situation they can crumble and mince there words a bit. There not all used to interiew situations.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
That is good news the next 2 important ones are Murray and Bridcutt but not so sure whether Dicker will cut it in the Championship week in week out, or not but either way he would be good back up.

I actually agree with you on this one, I have a feeling that Dicker may get found out in the championship, good passer and tidy on the ball but can give away possession and tends to dwell on the ball (and shot shy). I would still like him to sign a new contract though.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Great news, and he will carry on improving if we go up. I am sure he will cut it in the Championship, as will Murray, Bridcutt and Dicker. Come on Gus get these signing new contracts asap.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Brilliant news, let's just hope that all the other out of contract players know where they stand and don't feel the need to 'do a Forster'. Admittedly this is a lot less likely given the form we are in at the moment compared to what we were doing last year.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
"Eeees tha bess defender we 'ave" is what Gus said when he first joined - not word for word but he definitely said words to the effect of that.

Well done Adam!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fantastic news. Always felt he would become a key player for us. Certainly having some decent coaches and a manager has helped his cause. He also seems to work exceedingly hard on the training ground. I remember reading that he was taking on extra trainining, playing with his left foot, when he was called upon to play at left-back.

I bet his agent cringed when El-Abd stated he wanted to finish his career here.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Great news, hopefully the other three major players out of contract will soon follow. :clap:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great news and a good example of a manager knowing a lot more than the fans. I remember the shock on here (including myself) when he made those comments about Adam being our best defender. The fact he spotted that so soon in his tenure is another sign that Gus really has got the makings of an outstanding manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here