Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd or Elphick to start alongside Greer?

Who should start on Saturday?

• Elphick

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • El-Abd

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I trust in Gus and he'll definitely pick Tommy over Adam on Saturday.

I'm not so sure. Gus has previously said that he rates El-Abd as the "best defender at the club" so regardless of who I believe should be playing, I'm fairly certain he'll stick with El-Abd. Hopefully this will be at Centre back, as he's a very limited central midfield bruiser and not really what we need at home against a newly promoted side.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
I'm not so sure. Gus has previously said that he rates El-Abd as the "best defender at the club" so regardless of who I believe should be playing, I'm fairly certain he'll stick with El-Abd. Hopefully this will be at Centre back, as he's a very limited central midfield bruiser and not really what we need at home against a newly promoted side.

Now this is what I don't understand. Elphick is a far more superior centre-half than El-Abd, blessed with more pace, height and far more experienced at this level. El-Abd is a player who doesn't fill me with confidence, far enough he had a great season last year but Elphick became a better player when two proper full-backs were installed alongside him. Elphick is still relatively young and an experienced head next to him in the form of Greer will improve his game no-end. I'd be far more comfortable with Elphick in a promotion pushing side than El-Abd. There both good players but Tommy edges it for me. Its a shame how some fans are quick to prey on these two though when they make a mistake. I dunno whether its because they've come through the youth system or because supposed greater players like Tunnicliffe are out on loan and these fans seem to overlook his mistakes.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
El-abd should, but it will be Elphick

Last edited:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there any way we can drop both?

I don't even reckon you mean your comment but if you do you're a bit clueless.

Both are more than good enough for this level. With Greer alongside one of the two and with our two quality full backs, I believe we have one of the best defences in the division..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't voted, as I've not seen Greer play [well against us I have, but never really watched him closely]. As such I'm not qualified to decide who'd be best to play with him.

Is he very good in the air?

If he is, then I'd keep El Abd in as he's playing better than Elf right now.

If winning the first header is NOT Greer's strength, then you need to keep Elf in there.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Greer and Elphick looked very good together against Sunderland, but El Abd played much better against Northampton. Don't know.

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
Thought Tommy looked a Colossus on saturday! both were brillisnt but adam is a red card waiting to happen, Tommy for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here