Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-abd & Elphick Partnership

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have to admit I had a very low opinion of El-Abd but he has proved me wrong since Gus arrived... the key is that he is making better decisions WRT his defending, and keeping his passes simple...

Personally, I wouldn't change a winning formula for the Carlisle game... however, Greer on the bench should keep the Elf and El-Abd on their respective toes...

Likewise, I expect to see Sandaza applying similar pressure to Muzza and Barnes... Muzza got in great positions on Sat, but should have scored a hat-trick; he still needs to work on being more clinical with his finishing, IMHO...

I love the patient passing approach BTW, but it needs to be used in conjunction with hoof it when necessary, which we are doing, so great...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have to admit I had a very low opinion of El-Abd but he has proved me wrong since Gus arrived... the key is that he is making better decisions WRT his defending, and keeping his passes simple...

Personally, I wouldn't change a winning formula for the Carlisle game... however, Greer on the bench should keep the Elf and El-Abd on their respective toes...

Likewise, I expect to see Sandaza applying similar pressure to Muzza and Barnes... Muzza got in great positions on Sat, but should have scored a hat-trick; he still needs to work on being more clinical with his finishing, IMHO...

I love the patient passing approach BTW, but it needs to be used in conjunction with hoof it when necessary, which we are doing, so great...
Agree with you there BW - my other concern with Murray is that he tends to always be looking for the foul against him, to the extent where he looks like he is going down before the defender gets to him (when winning the pen v L Orient for example)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with you there BW - my other concern with Murray is that he tends to always be looking for the foul against him, to the extent where he looks like he is going down before the defender gets to him (when winning the pen v L Orient for example)

As long as he then scores the pen... oh, that will be Bennett's job now...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
FWIW I thought Elphick was superb on saturday, and I cannot see Greer walking back into the side with both Tommy and Adam in such good form. They have been solid and have given Calderon the freedom to spend most of the game in midfield.

I think Tom's point earlier about looking who is around them these days is perfectly valid. Prior to the arrival of Poyet, Painter and Calderon last season they were abysmal. Since then they seem to have learned an awful lot in this current incarnation of the Albion, and long may it continue.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It ios always good to see aplayer who plays to his own stremgth rather than try to change too much. I think this is the case with El Abd he knows what he can do and what he cant. What he can do he does efficiently what he cant do he doesnt try too often.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here