Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-abd & Elphick Partnership

bha189

Aug 31, 2010
Bit tasty isn't it ....

Wasn't at the game yesterday but got there last week against walsall .

So far they've been described As:

-Thugs
-Animals
-Bordering on Assault

Shame to break them up, Even though they are a bit reckless at times.
Think Gus and Charlie are behind this...?
I think Greer will have to wait

Happy Hunting Lads! :albion1:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bit tasty isn't it ....

Wasn't at the game yesterday but got there last week against walsall .

So far they've been described As:

-Thugs
-Animals
-Bordering on Assault

Shame to break them up, Even though they are a bit reckless at times.
Think Gus and Charlie are behind this...?
I think Greer will have to wait

Happy Hunting Lads! :albion1:

Bit of a joke considering some of the tackling and shirt tugging Franchise FC were doing, their manager is a Scouser, a breed known for whining like bitches.

bha189

Aug 31, 2010
Bit of a joke considering some of the tackling and shirt tugging Franchise FC were doing, their manager is a Scouser, a breed known for whining like bitches.[/QUOT

:laugh: I suppose, but I don't think any manager takes a loss gracefully, especially when his own back four got turned inside out and ripped like a bitches.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I hate to say it but i don't agree, i get really nervous whenever El-abd has the ball

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why ?...he has hardly put a foot wrong all season . Gus rates him very very highly, so its probably a better call than yours !

Gus has always said he is our best defender, however he doesn't try to hide how shit he is on the ball and tries to discourage the other players from passing to him. Having the keeper passing the ball out to one of the defenders and building from the back is crucial to Gus' plan, and that's why Greer will walk straight into the team whenever he is ready IMO. At the moment he is encouraging Casper to hoof it out rather than pass it to El-Abd

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I hate to say it but i don't agree, i get really nervous whenever El-abd has the ball

If this is who i think it is then you're a total prat for saying that :facepalm:

El-Abd has been class since Poyet has come and solved our problems at the back and still you get nervous when he gets the ball...???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If this is who i think it is then you're a total prat for saying that :facepalm:

El-Abd has been class since Poyet has come and solved our problems at the back and still you get nervous when he gets the ball...???

I get nervous when I find that we have clueless fans like the Screamer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It ios always good to see aplayer who plays to his own stremgth rather than try to change too much. I think this is the case with El Abd he knows what he can do and what he cant. What he can do he does efficiently what he cant do he doesnt try too often.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
El-abd & Elphick are only as good as the players around them. Look at last season's DVD games from about this time last year and they were absolutely shocking. It wasn't all down to the Scottish goalie. He had absolutely nothing by way of defensive cover. And El-Abd and Elphick were in the frame for a high percentage of the shockers he got blamed for.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Which says more about you than recent El-Abd performances - He has been playing really well this season, and it sounds like you like to panic about nothing. Your nervousness is all in your mind rather than what actually happens in the game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
El-abd & Elphick are only as good as the players around them. Look at last season's DVD games from about this time last year and they were absolutely shocking. It wasn't all down to the Scottish goalie. He had absolutely nothing by way of defensive cover. And El-Abd and Elphick were in the frame for a high percentage of the shockers he got blamed for.

true

but one of the reasons they were poor was their lack of confidence in the scottish goalie

chicken : egg

egg :chicken

whichever way it was a disaster and Gus has turned it round

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Also, do you remember when Virgo and Elphick used to high-five each other, and rarely keep a clean sheet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Also, do you remember when Virgo and Elphick used to high-five each other, and rarely keep a clean sheet.

Yup.

Fair play to Poyet for getting El-Abd and Elphick to play it (albeit painfully, sideways) on the ground, but does sort of throw the spotlight on why their previous half-dozen managers were patently unable to drill such a basic lesson into them. I mean these are not young boys anymore. Previously it was clear-yer-lines-at-all-costs. Does make you wonder ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
its nothing but great news really is it... ? We dont have to rush Greer back and he knows he has competition...its a win win for me.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why are we so critical of our own players? El-Abd & Elphick had a cracking match yesterday. Greer should wait. And while we're at it, Barnes & Murray both played well too. Barnes played a real box to box game, defensively sound, linking the midfield and supporting Murray. Murray won endless freekicks with modern forward play-something we have lacked for years. And capped it with a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here