Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eidur Gudjohnsen [Merged - any more and I'll get grrrrrr angry]

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Seriously, was this intentional or something?

NSC dajkgbaolf.png

Jesus.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This thread has made me laugh :lol:

I agree that he probably isn't the right person for us right now but really.........we are BHAFC fans who have spent the best part of two decades at the bottom of the football pile and we are turning our noses up at signing Eidur Gudjohnsen, even at 33, as "not good enough". Pinch me and tell me I'm dreaming!

That is soooooooo funny :lol:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I like this thread better. It's got that cute little Albion shirt.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Eidur Gudjohnsen

Just been released by some Greek club, over 30 now though and I reckon his wages might be quite high.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I find it laughable that we are turning our noses up at some "big" names recently - Gudjohnsen, Kewell and others. I personally think getting players like this on board would be a great thing in a coaching/bit part role (provided the wages were reasonable). I think they have a wealth of experience, working at the highest level with some of the biggest club in the world, and they could really help the younger players in the development squad. I can't see how it would be anything less than a win win for some of them - one last tilt at a good quality league, the opportunity to keep fit if nothing else, and as I say, the opportunity to perhaps get into a coaching role.

Put it this way: Tanno for instance is, shall we say, rocking on a bit. He has been registered with the club to play, despite some serious injuries in the past, yet Gus has given him a senior coaching role to go with a small amount of playing time. Would we have said this is a bad deal? Not at all, we could start our own "Anfield boot room" by bringing in senior pro's on player/coach contracts, help them get their badges and give them the ability to keep fit. Can't see any problems with something like that.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
It doesnt look like im the last to be inspired and write a thread on here about the same potential story, maybe this is a good omen. (2 more since)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here