Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Edu for England?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brovian said:
Oh dear. Well it looks like we're just going to have to agree to differ then Easy me old mucker. I'm only a quarter English myself anyway!

I'll get me boat.
:D I like what you've done there Brovian. I like it a lot.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with foreigners in general in this country. It's only within a sporting context when it comes to playing for England that I'm a bit of a stickler for having English players only, and not foreign nationals who have only lived here for a short period of time, and see England as a banner of convenience to brandish because they were never considered good enough to play for their own countries.

We should have more than enough english talent coming through from grass roots level to eventually make it to the National side, without having to fall back on alternatives.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After careful consideration, I have thought of a solution to this debate.

The truth is, there are a million different sets of circumstances to give credence to a foreign national being eligable for England, from the Terry Butchers, to the John Barnes's, to the Edu's and Cudicini's.

I think the only way around it, the simplest and fairest solution, is this. If their name SOUNDS foreign, they're not allowed to play for England. That means the likes of Graham Le Saux and Peter Bonetti would never have pulled on the 3 Lions. Of the current hopefuls, Darius Vassell and Jermaine Jenas are on thin ice. And sadly, Adam El Abd is just a non-starter.

We have to strive for consistancey. I will be emailing Mr Blatter later with my suggestion.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
OK, I accept your compromise. Only Bobbys Peters Geoffs and Nobbys from now on. And none of yer fancy foreign boots either, hobnails only please. And footballs with laces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here