Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddie Izzard party political broadcast in support of Labour

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hasn't whatshisface that plays Grant Mitchell also come out in favour of the Labour party?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Ross Kemp?

I didn't know that.

Saw someone mildly famous in a Labour one yesterday too although I can't remember who it was. Kept going on about how changing path would be a mistake and that Labour were steering us out of economic shite.

Seemed a bit rubbish to me

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And he's Sussex lad: grew up in Bexhill and went to school in Eastbourne.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
And he's Sussex lad: grew up in Bexhill and went to school in Eastbourne.

No he isn't it! Izzard was born in Aden, Yemen, then the Colony of Aden in the Aden Protectorate. Izzard was the youngest son of British parents Dorothy Ella, a midwife and nurse, and Harold John Izzard, an accountant who was working in Aden with British Petroleum. A year after his birth, Izzard's family moved to Bangor in Northern Ireland[8] and lived there until Eddie was five. The family then moved to Skewen in South Wales. Eddie's mother became ill and died of cancer in March 1968, when Izzard was only 6 and his brother Mark was 8. After an education at St Bede's Preparatory School and at Eastbourne College,

Public school man, and father a wealthy professional. Upper middle class lad who went through the obligatory radical stages, starting with the standard Che poster in his Eastbourne College study no doubt. Standard Labour supporter these days I believe.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No he isn't it!

nice copy pasting of wiki, only firstly that shows he did go to school in Eastbourne and secondly everyone knows he lived in Bexhill (think he talks about it in one gig), presumably from 6 on, which sort of counts as "growing up" there. seems reasonable to say he's a Sussex lad from that.

wiki isnt the whole font of all knowledge.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This is lifted from his website, so labour arent the only people he ''supports'', i spent 4 1/2 months in crossmaglen , where mcnamee grew up, and i know for a fact that his denial of any involvement in the IRA should be taken at the same face value as gerry adams and martin mcguiness.

THE CAMPAiGN TO FREE DANNY MCNAMEE

a benefit for the Irish political prisoner, Gilbert 'Danny' McNamee, on 17th December, 1996, at the Clapham Grand. Mark Steel, Sean Hughes, Jeremy Hardy, Mark Thomas and Rob Newman also took part in this controversial show.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Do people actually decide who they are going to vote for because of a 'celebrity' endorsement? They all seem to do it, strikes me as a bit strange

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
nice copy pasting of wiki, only firstly that shows he did go to school in Eastbourne and secondly everyone knows he lived in Bexhill (think he talks about it in one gig), presumably from 6 on, which sort of counts as "growing up" there. seems reasonable to say he's a Sussex lad from that.

wiki isnt the whole font of all knowledge.

The second paragraph was all my own work though. :smile:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
making such assumptions based on nothing isn't much to be proud of, but well done.

Its based on my experience from having attended a preparatory school, a public school (Brighton College) and having worked in the entertainment industry for over thirty years. I have met dozens and dozens of wealthy, left wing celebs, many wallowing in their sexual deviancy as well.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Its based on my experience from having attended a preparatory school, a public school (Brighton College) and having worked in the entertainment industry for over thirty years. I have met dozens and dozens of wealthy, left wing celebs, many wallowing in their sexual deviancy as well.

Ah you went to a public school. You must be a homosexual then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here