Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eddie izzard CPFC associate director

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
"Still one of the best stand ups in the business" - Mrs. Badcrumble

His sketch about Darth Vader in the Death Star canteen is brilliant.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
When I was young I thought the reason I though David Jenson was a prize wanker was that he was on the board at Palace. Eddie Izzard joins (sort of) and I still love him.

Therefore we can conclude that David Jenson is actually just a wanker... :)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
When I was young I thought the reason I though David Jenson was a prize wanker was that he was on the board at Palace. Eddie Izzard joins (sort of) and I still love him.

Therefore we can conclude that David Jenson is actually just a wanker... :)

You must be reasonably young then, when I was younger David "kid" jenson was QPR fan

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As a Bexhill lad, he really should have wound up a Brighton fan, but never mind.

He is not only from Bexhill, as am I, but a distant relative. But the ****er is a traitor as far as I am concerned.

[MENTION=24517]Silk[/MENTION] - if you are a relative don't you know why he supports Palace then, tbh whilst its a shame he wasn't converted it an untirely reasonable explanation -

My dad goes to every home match and me and my brother go along too. We sit in the stand where my uncle used to sit. My aunt and uncle used to live across from the ground. We've sat there since 1969.

So what is the difference between his support of Palace and FBS's support of us

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
[MENTION=24517]Silk[/MENTION] - if you are a relative don't you know why he supports Palace then, tbh whilst its a shame he wasn't converted it an untirely reasonable explanation -

He's a real palace fan, FBS used to be palace then switched . Not complaining but thats the difference.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Izzard is a Palace fan because his whole family are. They have had ST's for many years. Eddie has just bought a very expensive one (£25k) to become an "associate director".

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Tranyphobia isn't big and it certainly isn't clever !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I must say it is very brave of him in this day and age to come out as a Palace fan after years of ridicule for wearing a sash.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"An Associate Directorship includes full hospitality in the Boardroom at every home game for two guests and is a fantastic way to enjoy football. As well as meeting Directors from other clubs it is a great way of business networking and entertaining. Packages are still available for the 2012/13 season. For further details contact blah blah."

So any old cock in a frock can become an AD at the 'Arse - my, my, how standards have fallen (were they ever high? - Ed)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Obviously, the comedy value and raw material gathered from the inbred support and football played at Selhurst Park is worth the shame and embaressment of admitting to the odd visit

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I heard Adrian Durham on Talksport tonight having a pop at CPFC calling them a 'joke club' for appointing Izzard as a Director which brought a smile to my face especially when you consider the bigoted neanderthals among their fans.

It then occured to me that back in the days when it was fashionable for footie clubs to have celebrities among their Directors we had the late great Norman Wisdom. I'm sure someone has previously posted photos of the great man on the pitch at The Goldstone.

I seem to recall that others included Tommy Trinder at Fulham and Eric Morcambe at Luton, no doubt there were many more. I think NW kept his yacht at Shoreham harbour (this was before Brighton Marina was built).

Maybe someone can clarify whether Norman Wisdom was an 'Associate' or 'Full' Director.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here