Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddie howes comments

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
That's true. Some decent strikers in there. But they rarely looked like finding them yesterday. Clearly they were trying to stretch us by knocking it around the edge of the box, but they hardly ever looked like finding the killer pass. There were so many pointless sideways passes, it must have been like watching a tennis match from the South Stand. Or eleven Ray Wilkinses.

happy birthday :clap:EDNA HAVE A GOOD ONE

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Howe does seem to get a large slice of help from officials when he brings his teams to the Albion. His team were rubbish today and I think we may have had our 1st comfortable win for a while if we'd kept 11 on the ptich.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sorry but that is a joke. I've just had a look on the burnley forum and their fans are holding it up as some sort of great performance, they must be f***ing mental.

10 v 11 can be difficult because of how the team with 10 sets itself, but with 9 v 11 the team with 11 should really be pissing all over the 9 players. The space they had at times was incredible but they didn't know how to use it. They are too stupid to realise they should be putting 5 past us in 80 minutes of 11 v 9, not clinging onto a single goal advantage.

did you see us play walsall at withdean a few years ago ?

Sorry but that is a joke. I've just had a look on the burnley forum and their fans are holding it up as some sort of great performance, they must be f***ing mental.

10 v 11 can be difficult because of how the team with 10 sets itself, but with 9 v 11 the team with 11 should really be pissing all over the 9 players. The space they had at times was incredible but they didn't know how to use it. They are too stupid to realise they should be putting 5 past us in 80 minutes of 11 v 9, not clinging onto a single goal advantage.

You have to understand - they would have been so relieved to have held on, that they totally forgot they had such an advantage for so much of the match.

It's actually not necessary to blame them for being pleased in the end.

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Seriously, you couldn't hear the north stand. where were you, Eastbourne?

No, I was at the back of it. And I couldn't hear much else that well, even at half time...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sorry but I'm not going to compliment him. It was one of his team that went running to 4th official and as a result got Vincelot sent off when he (4th official) either didn't see it or did and thought it not worthy of punishment. I dunno but that's almost as bad as cheating in my book and it's easy to say a few nice things afterwards when you've just used those sorts of tactics to win a game. Howe comes over a goody 2 shoes .. seems to me like he uses that image a bit too much

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sorry but I'm not going to compliment him. It was one of his team that went running to 4th official and as a result got Vincelot sent off when he (4th official) either didn't see it or did and thought it not worthy of punishment. I dunno but that's almost as bad as cheating in my book and it's easy to say a few nice things afterwards when you've just used those sorts of tactics to win a game. Howe comes over a goody 2 shoes .. seems to me like he uses that image a bit too much

spot on...he is no way whiter than white

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
I've got to say, Burnley were utter horseshit from where I was. I can't believe how much they gave it away when all they had to do was knock it around us. Their shooting- toe poke goal aside- was abysmal, their balls into the box crap, and I was frankly astonished in the last few minutes to see their keeper punting the ball forward rather than just pass it to his full backs where we'd never have got it back. Their defence looked extremely weak- against one striker!- and CMS was easily winning headers against their centre halves. No wonder they concede so many goals. Any decent team would have annihilated us.

One of the weakest teams we've seen at the Amex all season. I still can't quite believe we managed to lose to them, even with nine men.

pretty much my thoughts. i think we'd have got something with 10 men, and strolled to three points with 11.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
theres something about him and controversial refereeing desicsions bournemouth at home last year

I appreciate his comments.
A class above scum like Adkins.

Symes (deliberate boot on Ankergren), and the awful pen decision against Elphick,
and the Vincelot/Barnes incidents,
had nowt to do with Howes and his team yesterday didn't seem obnoxious or wind-up artists.

And agreed, Burnley were terrible. Shame about the 9 men, as otherwise 3 easy points for us.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
That reminds me. Did anyone else hear Richard Reynolds shout "Come on Albion fans, be the 12th man" at the start of the second half? Does that man either not watch the game, or is he just a bit of an idiot?

Funny!!

He looks like a clown!! Draw your own conclusions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here