Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay Feck Up! Total embarrassment

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
On the Left Wing said:
I haven't felt this stupid since the time I tried to pull a pin out of a rusty live handgrenade with a pair of my dad's pliers, thinking it was an aerial for a wartime radio (I was only nine at the time!)
:dunce: :shootself :dunce:

Ha Ha Ha Ha LMFAO !!!

I've bought and sold thousand of pounds worth of classic car bits in the last year or so . . . .only ever had 1 minor problem for a £2 item !!!

if its something valuable (ie over say £50) then you need to be there at the end to bid late . . . .for example I was watching an LSD unit for my race car at £200 . . . it jumped to 600 in the last minute !

I've made a killing selling old ferrous tat though . .marvellous :clap2:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yes.

Any idea how big it is?

mandolin.jpg

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
It gets worse!

Just looked at my Ebay account and for some strange reason I am popular with the sellers!

Example:
Fast payer great fellow ebayer+++++AAAAA

I think Mrs OTLW's rating maybe something like:
Absolute dickhead - - - - - - F F F F

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I think you can still withdraw from an auction that's still going, so I think you can stop the purchase of a SIXTH guitar.

You could try and re-sell them on E-bay. You might not get all the money back but you can re-claim some of it. Hopefully they'll be people out there who are as good an E-bayer as you are!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Treat e-bay like buying a 2nd hand car. Take your time. Don't have the wool pulled over your eyes. Check out the bona fides of the person your buying from. Ask them a question or get them to send you more pictures if you're not happy. Check the real market value of what you're buying. Don't bid more than you can afford. See what else is available, both on e-bay and from normal retailers.

Remember, if you don't win at first, like buses, there'll be another auction coming along in just a minute.

PS. I spotted ' Horton's Heroes ' on e-bay this morning if anyones interested ( I got mine thanks to Cannarian Gull - whatever happened to him ? )

34064 Fighter Command said:
PS. I spotted ' Horton's Heroes ' on e-bay this morning if anyones interested ( I got mine thanks to Cannarian Gull - whatever happened to him ? )
I bumped into the big man in central Brighton a couple of months ago. He's currently working for a sports related media organisation. Probably involves a lot of pre-match, post-match and mid-match entertainment.

:lolol:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
zefarelly said:
I gfot a bukta shirt last week . . . . a fantastic purchase

its also skin tight on me :eek:

I saw that too: VERY nice! Was planning on some last minute bidding but instead watched as the price shot out of my reach.. C'est la vie!

Pretty sure it would fit me ok though..! :glare:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
oh dear

not the first time i've heard of this happening so your not alone

:lolol: do you really need to tell her OTLW ,perhaps she won't notice

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
SuperFurrySeagull said:
I saw that too: VERY nice! Was planning on some last minute bidding but instead watched as the price shot out of my reach.. C'est la vie!

Pretty sure it would fit me ok though..! :glare:

there was one a few weeks back that went for £116 so I thought £60 wasnt bad

if its a 40" chest then my tape measures stretched . . . .its about 12-14 year old size . . .but vey stretchy !

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Someone off ebay was gonna take me to court, so dont worry, you arent the only one who's been humilated from it

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i was refusing to pay. cos i didnt want what i bought...lol. and they hadnt delivered it yet, so i thought it would be kosher, but they were tossers..lol

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Mrs OTLW was very understanding when I told her of my predicament at 11.15 last night - following a good evening seeing Bob Dylan at the Metro Arena.

She now wants carte blanche to go out at the weekend and spend £400 on clothes and shoes!!!

I am also selling some of my Bob Dylan memorabilia on Ebay to help offset the cost of all these fecking guitars!

Anyone interested in bidding?

:lolol: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
if I had the money i'd be interested in one of those guitars!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're going to sell something on eBay that you have bought on eBay, especially recently - it would probably be worthwhile setting up a new ID. Use one for buying and one for selling. Otherwise people will check your feedback and may click through to the items you bought. They will see that you're selling something you have only just bought and assume the worst (ie it's crap or broken. Also, the price you paid is likely to act as a ceiling to what people will pay you...

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bozza said:
If you're going to sell something on eBay that you have bought on eBay, especially recently - it would probably be worthwhile setting up a new ID. Use one for buying and one for selling. Otherwise people will check your feedback and may click through to the items you bought. They will see that you're selling something you have only just bought and assume the worst (ie it's crap or broken. Also, the price you paid is likely to act as a ceiling to what people will pay you...

Good advice ... thanks Bozza

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
when selling concentrat on getting a good picture or three, and an accurate description, it works wonders

last year I bought a quaife racing gearbox badly described with no picture, it turned out not to be what I thought so I wiped it clean, took a few photos and put it back on . . . .made £100 profit :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here