Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay Feck Up! Total embarrassment

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Talk about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks .... I've have fecked up magnificently on Ebay.
Having never used the site before and like all dorks my age having no need to read the instructions, I have just bought 4 guitars and an electric mandolin, when I was only trying to buy ONE! (I already have two guitars, so Lord know where I will put them all, nor even find time to play them!))
I am dreading tonight when I have to explain to Mrs OTLW what I have done with one of our credit cards!
Or maybe I should just wait until the guitars start arriving by parcel post and she may lose count!!!!!!
Mind you the electric mandolin looks cool!!!!!
Maybe I should just concentrate on NSC from now on!
:dunce:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
re-sell 'em on ebay for more :thumbsup:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
CrabtreeBHA said:
re-sell 'em on ebay for more :thumbsup:

After my first experience I could end up selling my house by mistake!!

Mind ... maybe we could sell David Lee on Ebay!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
On the Left Wing said:

would anybody take him? i know people buy some shite on there but....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
On the Left Wing said:

I think that ones been done before and didn't go down too well.
Although if it makes him improve as much as Butters perhaps you should try it.:D

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
afters said:
if you've bought one of those dutch auction types, e-mail the seller and apologise. if they are dealers you shouldn't have a problem...

Two of them were dealers - one in Preston Road, Brighton by some ironic quirk of fate!! Thanks for the advice

On the Left Wing said:
Talk about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks .... I've have fecked up magnificently on Ebay.
Having never used the site before and like all dorks my age having no need to read the instructions, I have just bought 4 guitars and an electric mandolin, when I was only trying to buy ONE! (I already have two guitars, so Lord know where I will put them all, nor even find time to play them!))
I am dreading tonight when I have to explain to Mrs OTLW what I have done with one of our credit cards!
Or maybe I should just wait until the guitars start arriving by parcel post and she may lose count!!!!!!
Mind you the electric mandolin looks cool!!!!!
Maybe I should just concentrate on NSC from now on!
:dunce:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I'm not usually one to take pleasure in others' misfortune, but that's well funny!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Thanks Safeway!

Must admit I feel more like laughing than crying ... my boss has told just about everyone this morning and the reaction has been the same.

It's just the wife that worries me!!!!!!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
On the Left Wing said:
Thanks Safeway!

Must admit I feel more like laughing than crying ... my boss has told just about everyone this morning and the reaction has been the same.

It's just the wife that worries me!!!!!!!
Don't say anything and when she sees the credit card bill just say its a surprise for her birthday. Then she'll stop asking questions.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Safeway said:
Admittedly I've just told a few people in the office here and they also creased up, sorry!

Don't fancy being in your shoes at home soon though. :eek: :eek:

I mistakenly thought that once one bid was successful you could cancel the others!!!
I went to bed last night having won two bids (and by that time realising my mistake) and hardly slept hoping somone would outbid me on the others. Switched on the PC at 7.30am to find I had won three more!!!!! SHITE!
The icing on the cake is there is still one day to run on a sixth one (a Tanglewood electro acoustic) and I am currently the winning bidder .... DOUBLE SHITE!!!!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Albion Rob said:
Without being nosey, what sort of cash loss are you looking at?

Haven't worked it all out yet but a few hundred quid (not yet into 4 figures!) .... could be a bit more though if I end up with the Tanglewood E/A as well!!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Well at least you'll be able to colour co-ordinate with whatever you're wearing.

Maybe you could form a band?

guitars2.jpg

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Probably best to contact the seller and say you made a genuine mistake. At the end of the day, despite all the ' contract ' nonsense, you don't really have any obligation to pay up. In normal mail-order transactions the ' title ' to the goods only passes to you when you receive them, and occasionally may only occur after a certain ' cooling off ' period during which you can return them unused for a refund.

The seller can always re-list the item.

You may well end up with negative feedback, but then as a newbie, you can register with a new ID with impunity.

God knows how you'd cope in a real auction room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here