Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy on Gordon Geer

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
no contradictions at all, I am just saying the guy has been a superb player this season for us and he makes one rash mistake and all of a sudden people are calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy and left to rot. Frigging joke some people on here, he knows he made an error, he dont need 5000 short term memory people slatting him as well.

Just like he knew he made the other two 'errors' and probably the next 'error', I would prefer him to play more games than get red cards.
There is no justification for these 'errors' so don't look for one, just trying to be a 'hard man', Greer just grow up FFS.
9 games out so far, when will you change your tune, when it is 12, 15 or 18.
I would say a 'good' player, as 'superb' players don't get red cards, ie. Mr Lineker, for example.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not that Vincelot had that problem to contend with this year!

Where are you getting nine from? The other two reds were last season.

I mean't in his total time with us, you know there are players who have a whole career never getting one at all.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Those defending Greer to the hilt should stop for a moment and consider the following.
1) Even before Monday, BHA were under investigation from the footballing authorities for their appalling disciplinary record.
2) It is extremely likely that the club will face a hefty fine and there have been rumours circulating that, although unlikely, a points deduction may even be considered.
3) Our case can only be weakened by yet another incident of violent conduct.
4) With management and different players all crossing the line of acceptable behaviour, we now have the club captain throwing his hat in the ring as well.
I am as desperate as the next fan to see us ' clean up our act ' but I am deeply worried that a culture of dispute and gamesmanship seems to have pervaded our club. We seem to want to cock a snook at authority all the time.
I thought professional sport was all about keeping your composure and concentration.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I love the way people are slagging him off like they have never done anything bad,wreckless or stupid in their entire lives !!
You make me laugh !!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Those defending Greer to the hilt should stop for a moment and consider the following.
1) Even before Monday, BHA were under investigation from the footballing authorities for their appalling disciplinary record.
2) It is extremely likely that the club will face a hefty fine and there have been rumours circulating that, although unlikely, a points deduction may even be considered.
3) Our case can only be weakened by yet another incident of violent conduct.
4) With management and different players all crossing the line of acceptable behaviour, we now have the club captain throwing his hat in the ring as well.
I am as desperate as the next fan to see us ' clean up our act ' but I am deeply worried that a culture of dispute and gamesmanship seems to have pervaded our club. We seem to want to cock a snook at authority all the time.
I thought professional sport was all about keeping your composure and concentration.

Perhaps they ought to look at the performance of referees while they're at it?!

Re: GG, I suspect he's prone to over-react to the verbals which is why the incidents are all of the ball but no excuses, he deserved what he got and it's irresponsible and immature behaviour by a player who is supposed to be leading by example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here