Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10 - Your bat collisions

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I came out of the Gym at Falmer Tuesday night and our worse fears have been realised.

Outside the stadium entrance, there was a DEAD badger which had obviously had an argument with a car ( probably one of the Stadium employees's)and lost!

Why was there not underground tunnels built to take these poor creatures under the road...

It was very upsetting.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I also saw a Lemon Sole in a Brighton restaurant and that looked as though it had been flattened by a car and I bet that was around the Falmer area?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm. I don't recall badgers ever being mentioned at the Enquiry. Presumably the sandal-flapping eco-warriors do not hold the common badger in such high esteem as the lesser-spotted pipistrel bat (an example of which they never managed to find at Falmer anway). I've driven to the site many times now, and have still yet to experience a vehicle/bat collision, but perhaps these will come about more often during evening games.

Poor badger though. It has my sympathies.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe there was then. I only attended two or three days worth (and by christ that was enough).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did the dead badger have any bits missing making him an incomplete badger ???

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
RIP badger

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Worth reflecting that when you see a badger dead by the side of the road, there's a chance it didn't come from the neighbourhood - badgers that are dug and then baited with dogs tend to have their corpses dumped to look pass them off as road kill. Although there are millions of them around the place, so this particular one could well be a NIMBY badger. In which case, obviously, it deserved all it got.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If its trespassing on hallowed ground, it deserved everything it got.

there before we were

Worth reflecting that when you see a badger dead by the side of the road, there's a chance it didn't come from the neighbourhood - badgers that are dug and then baited with dogs tend to have their corpses dumped to look pass them off as road kill. Although there are millions of them around the place, so this particular one could well be a NIMBY badger. In which case, obviously, it deserved all it got.
and still there before we were

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we should have a minutes applause before the Hartlepool game for the badger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here