Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastleigh's Andy Forbes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We really don't need another striker who might be a gamble at present.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Joe Gatting got a few more yesterday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
Agreed but in MMs defence who is available that fits Ernests criteria or is it a youngster froma premiership club on loan.

It does seem to be an issue this hence the search from Poland to Ireland (allegedly)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
KinkyGoebels said:
Its quite clear robinson is not good enough at the moment, that is the view of most not he is not good enough

I would agree in part but doubt it long term however I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his age. I would hope that he will learn when to make a run and and when not to avoid being offside and hopefully his first touch may improve with coaching.

But then will McGammon, McPhee, Molango and Turienzo ever be and we are paying them wages that we cannot afford. I doubt it very much.

1066gull

BensGrandad said:
I would agree in part but doubt it long term however I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his age.

Fair do, but what about Rooney?

Hw was 16 when he first played!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The players people are quoting like Rooney Owen, Theo Walcott and such like are exceptions not run of the mill that we are likely to attract.

We are all continually hoping for another Zamora or Peter Ward but they are few and far between.

Jus had a quick thought on The Championship this morning was Tim Sherwood could we coax him out of retirement short term to provide a bit of bite in midfield in the absence of Chippy, whose absence I believe is the reason for our present struggles. Not as most say our defence which is continually put under pressure or our strikers who are not being fed decent balls.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
BensGrandad said:
....Chippy, whose absence I believe is the reason for our present struggles. Not as most say our defence which is continually put under pressure or our strikers who are not being fed decent balls.

The most sensible words posted on this board over the last 24 hours :)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
thing is,if you put Robinson,CKR,Mcphee or even Hart,they would all get goals and look good in Eastlieghs team.Its a bit different in the second tier of English football though.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Off the top of my head and looking who scored yesterday would anyone agree that Tommy Mooney would have been a far better bet than Turienzo ?
Or Chris Iwelumo for that matter. No Magoo pissed away £150k and whatever wages the Argie lump is on from watching a video and a piss poor performance in a friendly against a tin pot non league team.
So why all of a sudden is a 26 year old from some non league team who is injured at the moment what we need ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Keep taking those tablets as you are finally talking sense

Oct 25, 2003
mooney- maybe, more a league 1 striker

iwelumo- decent at league 1, never done anything at championship

could spend money better than on those two ernest

Oct 25, 2003
how is mooney a PROVEN striker at THIS level?!

turienzo has hardly played, so yeah, he may have been a waste of money, but mooney isn't the answer to our problems

or have i taken the bait here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here