Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne's Finest - The 13 Year Old Dad!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Its Friday, it's WRONG o'clock.......

Boy becomes dad at 13 in Sussex7:11am Friday 13th February 2009

Comments (6) Have your say »

Boy becomes dad at 13 in Sussex (From The Argus)

A 13-year-old boy from Eastbourne has become a father - and insists he will be a good parent.

Alfie Patten's girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15, gave birth to Maisie Roxanne in Eastbourne District Hospital, four days ago, according to reports.

The boy, who is just 4ft and looks young for his age, told a national newspaper: “I thought it would be good to have a baby,” but admitted he did not think about how he would afford it.

“I don't really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10,” he said.

Alfie, who lives with his mother Nicola, 43, in Eastbourne, was 12 when Maisie was conceived.

The pair, who have the support of their parents, kept the pregnancy secret until Chantelle's mother Penny noticed her daughter's swollen belly.

Alfie said: “When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react. I didn't know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.”

Alfie's father Dennis said his son wanted to be a devoted and responsible father, but did not fully appreciate what he had taken on by having a child.

He said Alfie had wanted to be the first to hold his child.

He said: “He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation. But he has been at the hospital every day.”

Chantelle and Maisie were released from hospital on Thursday and are living with her family in a council house in Eastbourne.

Attachments

• baby13.JPG
    baby13.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 779
  • baby13 2.JPG
    baby13 2.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'll do the obvious shall I?

Which one in the pic is the 13 year old? ???

there...thats better!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
that is so sad. my boy is nearly the same age as him and is completely grossed out by the babies we have in our house never mind thinking "it would be good to have a baby" of his own.

i guess times are different or something, when i was 13 a baby was the last thing on my mind.

poor kids, all of them.

Congrats are in order - it's their first! :rolleyes:

At least they will have a good income - giving interviews and the occasional update filming of their lives.
The shadows will eventually close in though, as they realise their regular child-like lives are over as they kne.... well actually, as they will not ever know. The grandparents will take over parental duties I'm sure - so best to hope is that the two families get on well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's a lucky guy. Give it a few years, and you already see what his missus will turn out like:

C_71_article_1044308_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kids having kids. :nono:

One thing does surprise me though - I didn't think you were allowed to live in Eastbourne at such a young age, surely you have to be at least 65?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here