Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne win Senior Cup

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kane Louie looked good on the ball seen him a few times,he did not get service today,looks good enough for another year contract then it will be up to him to push for first team..:wave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not really sure what purpose it serves, the Albion entering this competition for non league clubs. But hey ho, I guess it's tradition.

It is FA rules that every club must enter their respective County Cup whether it be Lower Junior, Junior Intermediate or Senior and when you pay your affiliation fee you pay to enter the cup. The County FA have the power to allow non participation in special circumstances as Surrey did with Crystal Palace
who in turn played the winners in a pre season match to raise funds for the County Benevolent Fund which aids all players of all levels.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Slade OUT!!!!!

kevinanderson

May 4, 2009
The "hey ho it's tradition" throwaway line from Edna K. is a shame. (Separate question: why don't people use their real names on message boards?) There is a vital relationship, useful to both sides, between League clubs and their semi-pro and non-league neighbours. It's something that your club is often pretty good at. At managerial and coaching levels, it's worked well for many years between Albion and the senior non-league clubs - I remember a youthful Dean Cox learning a good deal about his trade at Eastbourne Borough on loan - and there have been many others.

However, it's something some (only some) of your supporters are not so good at. The Senior Cup does Albion no damage and - even though today you were boys against men - it gave some handy experience to a bunch of very promising young players. And as it happens, even in dodgy weather conditions, there were more passes played than in many League One games. Well done to those Albion supporters who did make it to Priory Lane: I'm sure you were made welcome as visitors always are at Conference and lower non-league clubs.

But to those Albion fans who are above it all, please be aware that, right across the county, there is interest and goodwill towards the Albion, and thousands follow your fortunes. And do give a bit back.

First albion related game of the season for me...and tbh by FT i didn't care who won as long as someone scored as i was freezing my ass off. The compulsory Priory Lane Bank Holi Monday SSC final weather was in place, with high wind speed coupled with spells of rain did nothing to help in what was a game dominated by Borough, who deserved to win.

Still, always have to look on the bright side of life, i don't support lewes or newcastle :lolol: was good time except from when coke can in pocket split and half of it spilled onto my jeans :censored:

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003
Just about warmed up ......

As I haven't seen a lot of youth team games and the programme was way out with the team, can anyone post the actual team playing please??! I recognised quite a few but would appreciate numbers-names list as I could not write them all down (especially as I had a few autographs across my programme!!) !!

:).

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Funniest thing had to be Kuipers has a tiny Audi TT. Amazing how he can get in it, looking at the size of him.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Just about warmed up ......

As I haven't seen a lot of youth team games and the programme was way out with the team, can anyone post the actual team playing please??! I recognised quite a few but would appreciate numbers-names list as I could not write them all down (especially as I had a few autographs across my programme!!) !!

:).

Walker

Cook
Pearson
Rowe
Smith

Brinkhurst
Ide
Wills
Royce

Upton
Louis

kevinanderson

May 4, 2009
And the shirt numbers -

Walker G

Cook 2
Pearson 5
Rowe 6
Smith 3

Brinkhurst 11
Ide 8
Wills 4
Royce 7

Upton 9
Louis 10

Subs
Thompson 12
Godfrey 13
Barker14
Wilkins 15
Cooper 16

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003
And the shirt numbers -

Walker G

Cook 2
Pearson 5
Rowe 6
Smith 3

Brinkhurst 11
Ide 8
Wills 4
Royce 7

Upton 9
Louis 10

Subs
Thompson 12
Godfrey 13
Barker14
Wilkins 15
Cooper 16

Thanks.

Thought Walker did well, plenty of catches and crosses to deal with in the strong wind. Team defended well, but midfield and attack faded as game went on. Brinkhurst is quick, Upton and Wills worked hard and Smith did well against some guys twice his size (and age!??). :)

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The "hey ho it's tradition" throwaway line from Edna K. is a shame. (Separate question: why don't people use their real names on message boards?) There is a vital relationship, useful to both sides, between League clubs and their semi-pro and non-league neighbours. It's something that your club is often pretty good at. At managerial and coaching levels, it's worked well for many years between Albion and the senior non-league clubs - I remember a youthful Dean Cox learning a good deal about his trade at Eastbourne Borough on loan - and there have been many others.

However, it's something some (only some) of your supporters are not so good at. The Senior Cup does Albion no damage and - even though today you were boys against men - it gave some handy experience to a bunch of very promising young players. And as it happens, even in dodgy weather conditions, there were more passes played than in many League One games. Well done to those Albion supporters who did make it to Priory Lane: I'm sure you were made welcome as visitors always are at Conference and lower non-league clubs.

But to those Albion fans who are above it all, please be aware that, right across the county, there is interest and goodwill towards the Albion, and thousands follow your fortunes. And do give a bit back.

Spot on!! I've chuckled a few times when *some* posters have made comments of "non league dross" and the like. Maybe the "dross" has attended too many games at Withdean this season and it's rubbed off?

Many ex supporters of the pro game, from the Albion and also other clubs have taking sanctuary watching the non league teams of Sussex. Why?

Better value for money and affordable - Not being ripped off at every corner for admission, overpriced tat in the club shops or disgusting muck that mascarades for food that you need a second mortgage for.

Better & friendlier atmosphere.

The choice of being able to sit or stand.

The lack of (some, not all) jumped up stewards who make up for their inadequate lives by exercising their temporary powers on arrogant power trips.

Decent catering (At most) The quality of catering at a game would never affect my judgement on whether to go, but it's always pleasant to know you can purchase something decent.

Most importantly of course - The actual game of football is more often than not, more entertaining.

For those that knock the non league game: Don't knock it until you've tried it. Whether it be Priory Lane, Woodside Road, Broadfield, Leylands Park, chances are, the experience would have been better than anything at Withdean this season. (The last game excepted I would suspect?).

No, I didn't include Lewes in that list of non league teams. That really would be stretching it! :ohmy:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
It was a dire game, especially from albions point of view, a real shame the full reserves werent playing as it could have been more of a spectacle but it did give the youth squad a chance to shine. Apart from the goalie, they largely didnt take the chance to though, and must admit I was rather disappointed at the lack of anything to excite. They all seem to be lacking a bit in physique, no budding virgos, elphicks or el abs, and we had nothing about us upfront, the game kept falling away from us once we got near to the 18 yrd line.
Boro deserved their win, and i know you cant go on just one game, but I cant see many of them making the full team from what I saw yesterday, shame as it means we`ll have to keep getting the cheque book out for decent players for a year or two yet.
Also makes me wonder who talent-spots these players cos I cant believe this is the best of the local talent in the sussex area and beyond?!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I think those of you getting upset about an apparent arrogance from albion fans need to calm down a bit. I don't suppose Edna was implying 'I don't know why we bother', more 'I don't know why we're in it, I don't suppose non league teams appreciate coming up against Albion reserves every year'.

To be honest, the fact the Youth team took it to extra time I think it's relatively fair to say that if we'd fielded a strong reserve side we'd have won 9 times out of 10. Gotta be honest, in terms of us winning it I wouldn't much appreciate Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool reserves playing in the Paint Pot Cup!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
it was dire and cold and that was about it really . our lot were tiny and looked about 12.
our number 10 had some skills and the keeper pulled off a couple of saves but thats about it. i was praying for someone to score before the 90 mins was up just so it would end. most the albion first team were there and some were nice enough to sign my 2 year olds top. although a couple of them didnt look like they wanted to ha ha. colin hawkins looked a bit miserable but whingy was nice

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It was a dire game, especially from albions point of view, a real shame the full reserves werent playing as it could have been more of a spectacle but it did give the youth squad a chance to shine. Apart from the goalie, they largely didnt take the chance to though, and must admit I was rather disappointed at the lack of anything to excite. They all seem to be lacking a bit in physique, no budding virgos, elphicks or el abs, and we had nothing about us upfront, the game kept falling away from us once we got near to the 18 yrd line.
Boro deserved their win, and i know you cant go on just one game, but I cant see many of them making the full team from what I saw yesterday, shame as it means we`ll have to keep getting the cheque book out for decent players for a year or two yet.
Also makes me wonder who talent-spots these players cos I cant believe this is the best of the local talent in the sussex area and beyond?!

Considering it was basically our youth team against Eastbourne's first team I think they did very well. Yeah, it wasnt fun to watch but I thought they competed very well considering the strength of the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here