Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne Not Impressed

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
No mention of the funky coloured lighting they are supposed to have in the away end!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are more reasonable Eastbourne fans however. A Facebook friend who attended today posted complimentary statements and photos etc and even then went on to beg any friends who had a season ticket at the Albion to let him borrow it if they were away. He was prepared to pay a good price too;)

I believe most of those derogatory comments are either sour grapes, jealousy or sheer ignorance. Have these people ever visited any grounds outside the Premiership?

Sep 1, 2010
There were two fella's directly sitting behind me in the 2nd half of the game today and i have never heard so much bullshit and moaning in all my life. At one point one of them piped up a comment about Agdestein saying "he looks like he gets paid too much, a nothing player" then shortly followed by a full breakdown of everything they hate about the stadium. By the way they were talking they just sounded like a pair of hideous mockney cockney's that have spent too much time watching Sky Sports. It got so bad i had to walk off for a pint, but that was not before i made it clear what i thought of them with a good old 'Wanker' hand gesture

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
to be 100% honest it does look a bit unfinished, and the West does currently look incredible compared to the other three. We know and hope that the will change but it wont stop every away fan saying the same

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Some chap in the North Stand today in his Chelsea tracksuit top. Now Im all for JCLs getting involved, but really if youre going to come at least make the effort. So many Arsenal and Spurs outfits on the train there and back.

I heard this from another NSCer sitting in WSU. Completely baffles me as to why these 'supporters' bother? Like you say, why wear another team's colours?!?

Complete bellends:tosser::tosser:

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
There were two fella's directly sitting behind me in the 2nd half of the game today and i have never heard so much bullshit and moaning in all my life. At one point one of them piped up a comment about Agdestein saying "he looks like he gets paid too much, a nothing player" then shortly followed by a full breakdown of everything they hate about the stadium. By the way they were talking they just sounded like a pair of hideous mockney cockney's that have spent too much time watching Sky Sports. It got so bad i had to walk off for a pint, but that was not before i made it clear what i thought of them with a good old 'Wanker' hand gesture

Good on ya, hopefully it will settle after this season when the novelty wears off.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Some chap in the North Stand today in his Chelsea tracksuit top. Now Im all for JCLs getting involved, but really if youre going to come at least make the effort. So many Arsenal and Spurs outfits on the train there and back.

I'm sure I saw someone in TDK adidas bench jacket in the WSL - Palarse?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

I've seen this guy around the Withdean South Stand - no Scummers badge mind

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Some of the detail needs sorting, and it's the detail that people remember.

All in all thow a great stadium hope we get permission to increase capacity ASAP as bit's do look unfinished and visitors and the un informed will wonder what we have spent £100m on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One of the photographers was a Palace supporter and wore his shirt under his coat. He did it to have a pic taken of him by another photographer pitchside, but didn't have the bottle to take his coat off, and duly covered it up as soon as the pic was taken.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I sat in the boro end as my mate plays for them and i thought I may as well sample that stand as I might not get to again

The atmosphere was quiet, but it seemed like the crowd was made up of family and friends of the players, as opposed to "fans"

The North Stand sounded loud with about 30 people singing left/right side at a time. The stand also looked very small in comparison to the rest of the ground

Went really loud when the west stand did a rendition of alllllbbbiiiiiooooonn

The concourse was quite packed bug I think that's because the entrance/exit to the stand is wedged between the entrance/exit to the ladies/gents bogs, so it meant all the gangways were rammed despite not being that many people there

I was about 10 rows from front, the rain blew in a bit so you get wet

Oh this was the view

5284f8a5-23e6-87c6.jpg
5284f8a5-23fc-322d.jpg

Last edited:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

I've seen this fella a number of times at Withdean, he's certainly not Palace, though it does initially make you wanna shout "Oi w*nker, no!" in a Harry Enfield stylee.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The stand also looked very small in comparison to the rest of the ground

Agreed, but when you sit near the back in it, you realise that it is actually the same size as the majority of away ends we have been used to over the last few years, if not bigger.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
must go down to see the fantastic stadium that Eastbourne play at.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Agreed, but when you sit near the back in it, you realise that it is actually the same size as the majority of away ends we have been used to over the last few years, if not bigger.

Indeed, it seems like it is narrower than away end, maybe a block off each end narrower? But still cconsidering how few people were in the north and how few were singing, it was still easily heard from the away end. It would be quite good to be in the away end for a big home game, to see how loud we can go. Anyway away stand done for me, now it's back to WSU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here