Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stirlingshire FC. What's left of Firs Park.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Watched them once many years ago when a certain Steve Archibald made a guest appearance for The Shire i even bought a tie from the tiny club shop. Maybe like a few on here when i am in Scotland i try to get a game in,but i have little interest in the 'bigger' clubs. :thumbsup:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f-27LwJEBA

Great vid - thanks for posting.

I also try to get to a lower division game when I'm in Scotland. Been to Stenhousemuir, Clyde, Albion Rovers, Queen of the South, Partick and Falkirk. Never made it to Firs Park. Planned to once, but the game was called off.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Went to Stenhousemuir,got there early about 2 expecting a 'big' crowd promotion chaser's Dumbarton were visitor's that day the turnstile was shut and i stood with a Leeds and West Ham fan (both from their respective area's) never talked about our club's but just why we were there ! Happy day's.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It still looks in better condition than Smelhurst Park.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My only experience of lower league Scottish football was taking my eldest son to watch Stranraer play Berwick Rangers about 12 years ago.

Went to Stenhousemuir,got there early about 2 expecting a 'big' crowd promotion chaser's Dumbarton were visitor's that day the turnstile was shut and i stood with a Leeds and West Ham fan (both from their respective area's) never talked about our club's but just why we were there ! Happy day's.
I was just wondering why you missed out the apostrophe in Leed's.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Did you go in the 'bar'? We looked for a pub before the match but there didn't seem to be one nearby so thought we'd get a drink in the ground. We asked the steward and were shown into a room which was basically like a non-league club house, shared by directors, players and supporters alike.

The walls were covered with newspaper clippings of famous victories. I don't think there was even a bar as such, some guy was selling cans of Tennants from a crate. I remember leaning back at one point and almost knocking something off the shelf - it was a Manager of the Month trophy! We briefly thought about nicking it for a souvenir.

The main distinctive thing about the ground was that it had nothing at all along one side, bar an advertising hoarding. In the field beyond there was a funfair, with the usual attractions, including one of those huge inflatible boots. I spent half the match watching the local neds go round the big wheel.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Went to watch East Stirling at home in the 80's .Couldn't tell you the opposition were.I keep thinking it was Cowdenbeath, but could be wrong.
The Albion were not playing that weekend , so 5 of us decided to go to Scotland and go and see who ever was bottom of Scottish Div 2 that week. Travelled up on the Friday night in a Vauxhall Viva . Slept in the car at the border . Woke up early hours ,found the Bannockburn monument in some housing estate . Stuck a Union Jack on it and took a few moon piccies and ran like f**k.Made our way to Falkirk(that's where they played) and found a pub. The folk in the pub could not be more welcoming and I do not remember having to buyia drink all day. The pub was full of Rangers fans having a drink before their trip to wherever they were playing. After many pints of 'heavy' , we staggered to the ground. My memories were a sparse crowd of 92 ...........yes 92!! and an absolute East Stirlingshire nutcase with more scarves than Tom Baker. Shouting at everything and starting every chant , often going solo.
Somehow the board found out we were there . Not hard I suppose , as we were the single biggest group in the ground. There were great . Went back to the boardroom after the game , gave us East Stirling badges (which I still have ) and were impressed by our being there. They wanted to forge links with BHA , which pre internet was not really something we knew how to do. They asked why we travelled all that way . We obviously didn't tell them and said something nice.
Went back to the pub where 5 more pints of free heavy were already waiting for us. Were slaughtered by about 7pm . Went for curry at 8pm , went into Falkirk and have some vague recollection of a huge fight in pub . Some guy walked in looking for the big maan and accused him of being wiindy . Then this fight broke out where have the pub seemed to be stuck together and rolling around on the floor. My recollections are Scottish pound notes , Carrotts Lib on the telly and a rodedendrum bush which had a constant column of steam eminating behind it.
Overall a cracking weekend and dispelled the myth that all Scots hate us. They don't . Not in East Stirlingshire anyway.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I saw the ground once must of been '08 time looked at it but never went in nor had the chance. The house I visiting was within view of it. Looks so sad and lowly now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here