Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand.

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
Great win today but.....

Sat in the East stand today and I will never ever moan about the atmosphere in the WSU again my promise!

I'm ESU and proud of it and don't give a flying f##k what people around me think when I'm singing (They often seem to join in actually).

Atmosphere today was I would say OK, much better in the 2nd half but porobably a bit lacking in the first.

It's not the greatest place to sit atmosphere wise sadly but seems better than the WSU which must have been evacuated today due to a fire drill or something.

Will get better though, particularly when the JCL's learn our songs.

Oh, and "Stand up if you hate Palace" is absolutely good support if this is more than your 2nd season and know our history...!!!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I'm ESU and proud of it and don't give a flying f##k what people around me think when I'm singing (They often seem to join in actually).

Atmosphere today was I would say OK, much better in the 2nd half but porobably a bit lacking in the first.

It's not the greatest place to sit atmosphere wise sadly but seems better than the WSU which must have been evacuated today due to a fire drill or something.

Will get better though, particularly when the JCL's learn our songs.

Oh, and "Stand up if you hate Palace" is absolutely good support if this is more than your 2nd season and know our history...!!!

JCL :dunce:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Atmosphere on TV sounded briliant , WSU really loud on west stand / north song. Good variety of songs, loud. Very very good

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I was sat in West stand lower today instead of West stand upper,right on the north side, oh dear o dear, should be called the west stand graveyard, absolutly dead, i must of been the only person standin up singing, never ever again, was a total embarrassment down there. couldnt quite believe how bad it was.

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
I was sat in West stand lower today instead of West stand upper,right on the north side, oh dear o dear, should be called the west stand graveyard, absolutly dead, i must of been the only person standin up singing, never ever again, was a total embarrassment down there. couldnt quite believe how bad it was.

Hmm, each to their own I agree, but also a little dissapointing all the same. Shame really, could have been an amazing afternoon. Isn't WSL North end where they sell off alot of the non season ticket allocation? Maybe that was why?

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Hmm, each to their own I agree, but also a little dissapointing all the same. Shame really, could have been an amazing afternoon. Isn't WSL North end where they sell off alot of the non season ticket allocation? Maybe that was why?

Yes you could be right mate, most of the people sat in front of me spent most of the time chatting and facing the otherway looking/pointing up at the TV box.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The East and West only ever really sing at the same time, so it's difficult to hear one from the other.

The only time I heard the East stand today was when Lualua hit the side netting, the West stand gave an "OOOOOOOOOOOHH" and the East stand gave a "YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH" until they realised it didn't go in.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
It's pretty bad when you get filthy looks for joining in with the North stand. ''Sang we are Brighton'' and saw a mum mumble dickhead at me WTF?

I hope you shopped her on the 'grassline' or at the very least reported her to a steward for using such appalling language in a family stand.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
You can't judge a stand atmosphere based on a cup game as it's full of people who never go to a football game, don't know the chants, and basically want to get their face on telly. Only saw about 20% of regulars from my ST seat today.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
a whole thread about the east stand by a wsu who like all the others slates the atomsphere in a stand but when you looked across was empty.i personally thought it was a better atomsphere with people who may not go all the time and enjoyed it.i sit in the esu and sing but not none stop and no one ever says a thing?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I find these types of threads very strange and sometimes wonder whether I go to the same games. I can only speak for ESL north end aka Family stand and the singing is Ok there are never any problems when singing, the East will never be the hardcore singing section but it does alright and the youngsters are learning their trade.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
"We're the .... stand" would work better if each stand took a turn. Points of the compass would work, North -> East -> South -> West

This chant makes me cringe. It's so tinpot. Especially when people clap the opposing stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here