Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand Restaurant Review

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
View attachment 27380

I took my wife and kids on Saturday and agree with the OP. Looks like a conference room but good friendly atmosphere all the same. If considering going I would do the following
1. Book an early table
2. Load up your smart card in advance for 10% discount.
3. Get the waiter/waitress to repeat your order back to you before they leave your table.
4. Ask for your bill as soon as you are ready to pay to avoid any bottlenecks.

My kids were not fans of the nuggets either but the fish and chips and desserts were mighty fine.
Not huge portions but worth going to check it out all the same.

Good of you to stop eating half way through to take a photo.

How many chips did you have to start with?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I was really intending to give it a go, but for the money looks fairly underwhelming in terms of food and decor. If this has any chance of working it needs to be good value for money. When I say VFM I dont mean cheap, I mean you get what you pay for.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
View attachment 27380

I took my wife and kids on Saturday and agree with the OP. Looks like a conference room but good friendly atmosphere all the same. If considering going I would do the following
1. Book an early table
3. Get the waiter/waitress to repeat your order back to you before they leave your table.

My kids were not fans of the nuggets either but the fish and chips and desserts were mighty fine.

Bloody hell, 6 chips and half a fillet of fish!!!!!!

Presumably there is no window looking out to the pitch because alcohol cannot be served in view of the pitch.
The head chef, executive chef or whatever they call them these days, is supposed to be an award winning chef, voted Hotel Chef of The Year, I believe. Surprised he's dishing up frozen cheap nuggets.
I actually might give this a go, waying up the fact it is quiet at the moment and they are finding their feet, it might be a good option, especially if you get to your match seat before kick off. As I am in the East Stand, it should be nice and easy to get to from there..

Excellent review and it seems they are going to need to do better as they will need to see people commenting "Great pre match venue and can't wait to go back" rather than "don't think we'll bother again".

They need repeat business and at 25 quid a pop plus drinks it is an expensive option that needs to provide good quality or re-evaluate their pricing or accept it could become a very quiet venue?

I thought there was rib-eye? Much tastier than fillet.

My point about it being empty was that if they only just managed to serve you, what the hell would they do if it was busy?

We took 75 mins for our meal, but only because we strung it out. There were ample staff. In fact, looked like too many. At the far end of the room is a bar. Didn't look like Joe Public could use it, but was swarming with staff.

One funny thing: when we tasted the wine, girls commented it wasnt cold enough and asked for a cooler. The lad took it away. 10 mins later we asked where it was and was told it's in a chiller (fridge) like you asked!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to Selhurst Park many years ago as a Surrey FA representative and with my compananion, chose to go early and have a meal before the match and it was very busy, as one would expect at a football match so would expect that with some imagination it would be very simple to fill the restaurants at The Amex before and immediately after matches. Obviously the staffing levels would need to be adjusted as it became more popular but it must be remembered that this still a very new venture and like everything will experience teething troubles.

I went to Selhurst Park many years ago as a Surrey FA representative and with my compananion, chose to go early and have a meal before the match and it was very busy, as one would expect at a football match so would expect that with some imagination it would be very simple to fill the restaurants at The Amex before and immediately after matches. Obviously the staffing levels would need to be adjusted as it became more popular but it must be remembered that this still a very new venture and like everything will experience teething troubles.

Apart from very inexperienced staff, there wasn't any problems. Kids food aside it was great. My issues are the price and the bland enviroment with no pitch view. This won't change!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One funny thing: when we tasted the wine, girls commented it wasnt cold enough and asked for a cooler. The lad took it away. 10 mins later we asked where it was and was told it's in a chiller (fridge) like you asked!!!
That's promising then, it was probably served at the correct temperature!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't be overly concerned at there being relatively low numbers last night. There were a LOT of STH's absent last night, and I reckon its them who will more likely be the ones who use the restaurant as they'll be more clued up about whats on offer at the Amex than an interloper who is just popping along to see the odd game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would say it's worth sending your reviews/comments to the club/restaurant in the name of constructive criticism and/or praise where it's due. You can't expect anything to change if they don't know about it.

Indeed, person to contact:
Jo Brooks
Hospitality Sales Executive - Azure
Brighton and Hove FC
Email: jo.brooks@azure.uk.com
Tel: 01273 878282
Mobile: 07771395019

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
View attachment 27380

1. Book an early table

Do you have a picture of your main course?

Jul 20, 2003
You'd think they'd at least cut them in half to make TWELVE wouldn't you.

..... and at nearly 2 pm I encounter the first genuinely funny moment of the day, I'm going to celebrate with a pint, cheers

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
Do you have a picture of your main course?

Very good Bozza. I agree that over time, like a lot of the initial problems pointed out by others, things will improve. I emailed Elliot (at azure) on Monday prior to posting on here also with some constructive feedback. Will post if I get a reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here