Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand lights/ torches ??

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
No harm was done - chill ! If this is the worst thing that happens this season then all good !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought it was hilarious and not in any way 'cringe'. I'd rather people shine their phone torch, rather than be sat reading social media. The number of people around me who had their heads down looking at their screens for large chunks if the game was amazing.

It was a bit of fun, as were the chants. I still don't get why people in the North Stand feel the need to applaud the other stands though - makes me chuckle every time. As does 'rattle man' - also in the North.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Ahem, I think we did have it at the Goldstone but those were olden days without mobiles.

Back then it was smokers lighting up and I remember, as a kid in the West Stand enclosure, seeing all the matches lighting up on the massive east terrace.

Ah yes, that is back in the good old days when smoking wasn't bad for you...

R
Ahem, I think we did have it at the Goldstone but those were olden days without mobiles.

Back then it was smokers lighting up and I remember, as a kid in the West Stand enclosure, seeing all the matches lighting up on the massive east terrace.

They were always setting fire to bits of paper, including one match in 1979 0-0 with west Brom, the ****ing thing was still hanging out my pocket at the time.

Anyway let's not go giving "credit" away even for things that are shit. Sheffield Wednesday didn't start anything, for example, all the young uns were doing it at the England U21 s Amex match last November, it certainly wasn't invented that night either.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Along with half and half scarves, this goes into the bin marked "why do people care?". Looked alright, amused the crowd, got some good chants.

Won't be a regular thing anyway. These reactions always reminds me of old people moaning about young people things. Back in my day etc...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Don't mind it if winning but not when we need a goal. It provoked "Sing up, put your phones away" though which sparked the north stand into life after it had gone a bit quiet so that was good!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh dear oh dear, who thought is was a good idea to start this again at 0-0 thankfully it didn't catch on this time

What's the problem with it? Are there LAWS about what people should and shouldn't do at a football match?

I noticed that the directive to "Sing up, put your phones away" (which seemed to assume that people can't do both at the same time) came from the North Stand where, er, fans were already shining their phone torches :dunce:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What's the problem with it? Are there LAWS about what people should and shouldn't do at a football match?

I noticed that the directive to "Sing up, put your phones away" (which seemed to assume that people can't do both at the same time) came from the North Stand where, er, fans were already shining their phone torches :dunce:

It should only be allowed when we are three nil up in the 89th minute up at the massive next month

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

The song was directed at anyone on their phone, not just people in other stands... :dunce:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"Sing up, put your phones away" was the second best chant of the night.

"It's all your fault" being the best chant of the night.

:lol:

Must admit I thought the best was when Murray was warming up, what ever he was doing followed by "if you hate palace" ie when he was stretching his legs it was "stretch your legs if you hate palace"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here